Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Boss Dr 880 owners

Folks:

I'm looking for a machine that I could use to pu together backing tracks. I have a Roland PMA 5 that sounds incredible, but find it difficult to program (I'm not very good at programing things). Is the Dr 880 easy to use? I'm not interested in the modeling amps or effects, just the backing track capabilites of the machine. I know it has good drums and bass sounds, but does it also have synth sounds? Does it have good storage capabilities for saving whatever backing tracks you put together. I looked at the Boss website and the video demonstrations of the machine make it look incredible. Of course, one thing is someone that is an expert in using it and another is someone with no experience with the machine and any other backing track devices. Any info you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Calling Boss Dr 880 owners

No synth. Drums and Bass only. USB for archiving stuff when you fill it up (30,000 notes-ish).

It's easy to get started, and to whip up (fairly) original tracks. You can get very intricate, but it's not really meant to be a 'every note/hit exactly where you want it' device. It can be step-programmed - but that fills the memory real quick.

I recorded these two the first day I had mine. Just slapped together a few of the presets, plugged in my 750xl, and pressed record on my computer.

Mi De Lei

Groove Chewy

NOTE: There is a recall on these, as right around your 500th save it dumps everything and resets.
    [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
    [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    You can take it to a BOSS repair center, or download the update from BOSS and do it yourself. It's not hard, but it aint easy either. It is worth it

When you buy - ask if it's been upgraded to 2.0

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I'll be traveling to Dallas, TX next week, so I'll try to stop at a GC to try one of them.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

I have it too.It's pretty easy to record your own patterns,I don't like the amp sim that much though.I have not learned everything still,I have to use it a bit more,but imo it's a really good piece of gear.

Comment

Working...
          X