Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST WAH PEDAL

[ QUOTE ]
    Only problem I have with it, is the treble doesnt really go as high as I would like. Its also kinda noisy, it carries its own "atmosphere" as soon as you step on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    The Bad Horsey always sounds like an ice pick to the ear in the high frequencies to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what the Bad Horsie 2 is for. The contour feature was like a god send to me, something I had been waiting for years to stumble across. I often tailor it on a song by song basis. Bear farts to dentist drills, all with the spin of a knob.

Regarding the noise, I have noticed that a power supply makes the thing ten times louder than a battery, but it eats batteries like crazy. I tend to only use the power supply live, where no one is going to notice the extra noise.

Why does no one talk about pedal feel on wahs? Having a pedal response that feels comfortable to you is as important as tone IMHO. What good is a wah if you can't use it organicaly? I love Morley for giving me a clumsy-proof base and pedal that makes it damn near impossible to flip the thing over, and the pedal travel is just right. Traditionally shaped wahs feel like children's toys in comparison.

Comment

The Bad Horsie wahs can be modded. They're a great wah but they take some getting used to for anyone that's used to playing Vox/Crybaby type wahs.
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding the noise, I have noticed that a power supply makes the thing ten times louder than a battery, but it eats batteries like crazy. I tend to only use the power supply live, where no one is going to notice the extra noise.

Why does no one talk about pedal feel on wahs? Having a pedal response that feels comfortable to you is as important as tone IMHO. What good is a wah if you can't use it organicaly? I love Morley for giving me a clumsy-proof base and pedal that makes it damn near impossible to flip the thing over, and the pedal travel is just right. Traditionally shaped wahs feel like children's toys in comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I was considering getting something else because of the noise problem.

Do you have both Bad Horsies? or just the BH 2? What sort of power supply do you use?

I DO like the feel of the Bad Horsie wah, its quite smooth and wide, I dont really like the short narrow rock of the crybaby/vox design.

Comment

I don't have the original, but my friend does and it's the same thing. I think I've tried about five different power supplies--a couple of generic ones from Radio Shark, the Morley power supply designated for the pedal, a couple of the new digital power supplies designed to be used with modern electronics, the Boss pedal power supply--and nothing seems to get rid of the noise. I've even tried one of the power supplies with the 9V battery clips to see if it was the circuit the drum/barrel plug was on, but it is definately the power supply picking up noise from somewhere, and plugging it into a Furman doesn't help.

I think power supplies are just horrible, noisy pieces of crap, since I notice it a bit with every pedal I've ever tried. The Morley pedals are just more touchy.

Comment

i think it all depends on what you want out of a wah?

there are so many out there to choose from.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I don't have the original, but my friend does and it's the same thing. I think I've tried about five different power supplies--a couple of generic ones from Radio Shark, the Morley power supply designated for the pedal, a couple of the new digital power supplies designed to be used with modern electronics, the Boss pedal power supply--and nothing seems to get rid of the noise. I've even tried one of the power supplies with the 9V battery clips to see if it was the circuit the drum/barrel plug was on, but it is definately the power supply picking up noise from somewhere, and plugging it into a Furman doesn't help.

I think power supplies are just horrible, noisy pieces of crap, since I notice it a bit with every pedal I've ever tried. The Morley pedals are just more touchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. Im using a Boss power supply running into a Godlyke Powerall cable, going into one of the 9v battery clip adaptors (because the regular power supply cup is on the opposite side of the pedal, and wont work efficiently with my pedalboard)

I'll give it a try with some batteries. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

i use batteries as well. they last long enough for me, and i dont have to deal with power supplies. I only have 2 pedals anyway- wah and DS-1

Comment

I like the original Crybaby. I've tried the ZW one, and it's awesome. I've also tried the Tremonti one, and it's good.

I'd have to say, so far, the Tremonti and the ZW are my favorites (ZW being Zakk Wylde). I used to have a vox wah, that absolutely killed!

JG where are you getting those mods done, and if you're doing them, you want to tell me...I need to mod my pedal!

Comment

Working...
                  X