Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I go again-Not the whitesnake song:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here I go again-Not the whitesnake song

Thanks John [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

If somone wants to get a nu-metal sounding amp, then go to the store with some dorky dude who wears baggy pants, limp bizkit t-shirt, has a goatee and doesn't know NOTHING about amps. He knows instantly what suits and what not.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

good luck with your quest..sir

I have a Uber and a Marshall rack (9200/JMP-1/JFX-1)...

I'm satisfied...I'm done!

Tired of tone chasin in my old age...I just wanna shred! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I don't think that Tony is Nu-metal kinda guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

..ding, [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] and we have a bingo! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and to mention the obvious..Herberts are affordable in Europe, but here, its a serious chunk of change.

but, looks like money is no issue with rigs like this.
          If you love your tone.. whatever the price, its worth it as you'll be set, (for a few years)

Comment

Thanks for all the comments,
            Wizard of Ozz-Well I'm going to try and find a DH in atlanta and set with it for awhile and dial it in.I'am currently using a multi-head setup live-Cae guitar rig-3 Marshall heads,Believe it or not A silver jubille for clean (100 watter) Jcm 800 (50 watter) for the crunch and the jmp (50 watter) for lead-both Marshalls are 2204 models.I might just be hating this particular head-I bought and sold 15 Marshall heads and decided on these 2 marshalls (800 & jmp)
            Here is what I'm using:

Well I will try the DH and try to find a Rivera soon if not I will get my amp tech to mod it.
            jgcable-The other guitar player plays 2 older mk series Mesa heads a Mk2c+,Mk3 and a triple recto,I have messed with his rig and I do like the 2c+ that is the best one in my opinion:

Endrik-I'm not into nu-metal at all-Saigon Kicks was from the early 90's-nu-metal to me is Korn,Children of Bodom's,God Forbid etc...I spent over 7 years on the
            road,played all over the place,opened up for national acts,Worked four years as a session player on call for several recording studio's-I still get hired out to play from time to time-sometimes its blues,sometimes its a party that wants only 80's music-hell I even do country gigs (because those pay alot of $$$)The thing is around 1981 I decided after playing different amps that Marshall's was my choice-I have owned well over40-60 Marshalls heads and cabs-Owned and played a boat load of heads,combo's such as Mesa,Soldano's,Randalls,Carvin,Trace Elliott,Peavy,Marshalls etc...I'am very picky when it comes to my sound and I do know about Marshall amps-I might be searching for something new-so thats why I have posted-get comments-but one field I have never ventured into was the so-called boutique amps section which several player's here have-and I respect everybodys opinion-Even yours but I have earned my road/studio wings-But you are right on about going to a store-they always lead me to the Mesa room-which I reply-no thanks take me to the boutique amps-his
            reply-uhhhhh?

Comment

Thanks Horns-It is a never ending quest I'm afraid.
              Shawn & cg-Nope no nu-metal for me!!!
              The thing is my marshalls in my rig have one function
              except the silver jubilee...jcm 800 crunch,jmp lead
              so I was looking for some opinions about Bogner lines the Rivera line..etc...the boutique amps which I have one store in a 100 mile radius that carries New Bogner's and Rivera's
              And hell forget about going to GC most of them like Endrick said don't know Sh*t about amps-and if they have a used uber in stock you can bet it will be about $10.00 less than a new one.If I find anything I will reply later tonight
              Thanks Guys

Comment

charveljunkie, check you pm box. Let me know what you think. Paul

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Thanks for all the comments,
                  Wizard of Ozz-Well I'm going to try and find a DH in atlanta and set with it for awhile and dial it in.I'am currently using a multi-head setup live-Cae guitar rig-3 Marshall heads,Believe it or not A silver jubille for clean (100 watter) Jcm 800 (50 watter) for the crunch and the jmp (50 watter) for lead-both Marshalls are 2204 models.I might just be hating this particular head-I bought and sold 15 Marshall heads and decided on these 2 marshalls (800 & jmp)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice assmebly Marshalls you have there. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I still have quite a few Marshalls around myself [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. The thing is that no one amp can do every style 100% of the time for every player. The closest to perfect I've found is the Herbert and I've gone thru boatloads of amps. It also can do some very convincing '80s Marshallesque higain tones on the 2nd channel in "+" mode. Try one, I think you'll like it. Good Luck!

Comment

ehhe Tony that's cool, I was reading your first post on this thread where you said that you also play some newer stuff, Lincoln Park, BLS or something like that. I taught you want to get some real new (NU) tones. I was wrong then [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I just gave some advice how to get it. And I'm not some huge Nu-metal fan either, I just know a lot about it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm huge 80's shred-rock nut like most of the JFCers, but I also like modern tones, because IMHO classic marshall tone is DATED. I like Boogies because they are very versatile and you can have best of the both worlds, the modern and vintage sounds. BTW. My fav is the Mark III, It sounds fatter and have more balls (John Sykes tone) than most of the 80's marshall tones IMO.
                    And if you go to try the Diezel Herbet, check also the VH-4, it is awsome IMO, I got some pretty badass lead tones out of it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Your right here we go again... Im going to say it 1 more time. Pull that Marshall off ebay and call Marc Cameron 818-445-2059.

Comment

Paul-Just pulled it-Thanks for the number. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Endrik,
                          No problem man-Sorry I did forget that I listed Lincoln Park,BLS on my first post and they are nu-er metal than Saigon Kicks just not nu-metal [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You know whats weird is I worked with Kerry's rack for about 3 weeks-programming that damn switchblade amp switcher and I really did spend alot of time with those amps-But for me I could never get it the way I wanted it.The Mk II C+ was very close though.
                          But Kerry plays with way to much bass in his so he is always buried till I go over and roll some out-Bas dn,Treble up,Mids half.Don't worry about being a shred-rock nut-I prefer the 80's as well.Sorry if I came off strong been up half the night-party was at my house this time-not alot of sleep.Thanks for the heads up on the VH-4 & Diezel Herbert!!

Comment

I will give you a call tonight. Did you get the PICS I sent you?

Comment

Yes I did-very nice indeed!!!!!!!
                              I look forward to hanging out and jamming with you soon
                              Can't wait to here the Cameron modded marshalls.
                              Tony

Comment

********Attention********
                                I did not want this thread to start another war
                                between members.I just wanted some opinion's
                                I guess I should have changed my questions around
                                a little bit.Anyway thanks for all the tips and advice
                                on the boutique amps-You know I'am still going out
                                to try some-But I might go with a Marc Cameron Mod
                                in the jcm 800.
                                That will be another thread-oh god not another one [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X