Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I go again-Not the whitesnake song:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here I go again-Not the whitesnake song

what war [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I did a post awhile back about my Marshall Jcm 800, and a Soldano SLO my friend let me borrow and I gave an honest opinion and it just got a little to heated [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

No wars Tony. Everyone has their own opinion and hears things differently. What I define as good tone might sound like ass to someone else [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That is why I always take what people say on amps with a grain of salt until I hear them with my own set of ears. I'm also not one to bash other amps just because I don't like them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I love Marshalls and some places you say that they think you have the plague or something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I for one think that modding might be your answer since you love Marshalls it is probably a great choice and a good base for you to start with. You said you really liked the hotmod Marshall so I think this might be where it is at tone-wise for you.

Good thread.

Comment

i only play rivera M and S series amps. i use an M-100 head ans an S-120 head with various rivera cabs. to me it is THE amp. i sold my boogie mark IV and my verticle input JCM800 2204 because i NEVER used them. the rivera M100 is NOT in the same league as an SLO, Uber, rectifier, etc. in the gain department. it's more like a modded marshall. earlier someone mentioned Skid Row as the benchmark for the rivera sound. yeah, that's one of the many tones. i prefer to go to the scorpions around the savage amusement period for the rivera tone. rudolph schenker was using rivera around that itme.

what sold me on the rivera (aside from Jason and SK) is the fact that i can can get a STELLAR clean tone and a RIPPING lead tone without sacrficing anything. i can rant and rave for days about it, but i won't. the rivera's kill. they are built like a tank, sound perfect and are VERY tough. i've had both of mine since 1990 and have NEVER had problems with them. they have been on the road, one was even dropped off a truck. new tubes and it was ready to go.

here's a pic of half of my rivera rig

i can e-mail you some live clips if you are interested. PM me if you are.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Shawn-Thanks-I guess I'm just a Marshall head at heart!!But I have tried several amps that were very good-I know its me but it just wasn't all the way there.Marshalls just seem to suit me. Or is it that I have played Marshalls for 24 years-Oh God I'm Marshall deaf!!!!!hehehehehehe I was just posting to see if I was missing something-or be pointed in the right direction.Good thing is Paul is coming down soon so we will get together with 2 Marshalls modded by Marc and I get to test them out.The other guitar player in the band said hell you play thru my crate practice amp,or any other amp you try out and it sounds like you? He said that doesn't happen to him-and I keep telling him-half the tone is in your hands.Listen...
              Firebird V-I will agree with 150%-after reading all the comments and Paul emailing me-thats my sign to hold on and wait till he's here and I can play the modded Marshalls.
              MD-PM-Sent.
              Once again Brothers Thanks for all the help,comments and suggestions [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

http://www.splawnguitars.com/ampmod.htm

Comment

Working...
                X