Finally tried out an ADA MP1! Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally tried out an ADA MP1! Wow!

I recently purchased an ADA MP1 from FSU_Seminoles (great transaction by the way!) and the unit arrived today.

I have noticed that there is much more flexability in regards to tones, EQ and overall gain compared to my marshall JMP-1.

Don't get me wrong here, the JMP-1 will not be sold any time soon but it is very refreshing to be able to nail some other diverse tones out there.

The SS tone is pure rubbish. Think Rockman through a cheap home stereo. The chorus is pretty decent overall. Not a TC 1210 mind you but still very useable.

I have been fooling around with some Micheal Wagner (Skid Row, White Lion) settings as found on www.adadepot.com and am liking this unit more and more.

Nothing like a new preamp to fool around with eh?

Re: Finally tried out an ADA MP1! Wow!

Put a BBE between the MP1 and a tube poweramp and you have a really nice sounding rig IMHO.

Pete

Comment

How about an MP1 into a Marshall Valvestate power amp (not tube, but has tube emulation FWIW)? I have been checking out the sample sound clips at adadepot.com and Voodoo amps, and it sounds like you can get some great sounds out of these units. From what I've read, it sounds like the Mod 4 Mark II or Voodoo modded units are the ones I should go for to get a hot rodded Marshall, early EVH to Zakk Wylde kinda tone. Does this sound like a good plan? (I do have a Pod XT Live, but I haven't been able to get great tones out of my Valvestate/1960A setup with it so far).

Comment

I did a Mod4MkII on mine and it kicks

Comment

Working...
        X