SOVTEK MIG 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOVTEK MIG 50

What can you guys tell me about these amps? I can get one for $305, is it worth it?

Re: SOVTEK MIG 50

I hear there are two versions, but I can't remember how you can tell them apart. Supposedly a good marshall clone, low on features, high on value.
    Is it a 2203 knockoff?

I have a friend that used one with a V-twin and seymour duncan pickup booster. I never got to hear it cranked, but I hear tale that it was pretty cool.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

There is the Mig 50 and the Mig 50H. The H stands for high gain. They are both based on the Marshall Plexi.
      No channel switching, no effects loop. The high gain model has a similar gain structure to a 2203 but less gain. The Mig 50H is more similar to a plexi.
      IMHO... if you have a spare $305.00 laying around and you want a tube head I would suggest a Crate BV60 or 120.

If you put the correct pedals in front of a MIG you can get some decent tones out of it. Many guys replace the input and output jacks because they are plastic and pretty cheap.

Comment

This is the amp i am talking about, i probaly wont bid so if anyone else wants it go ahead. But do you know which version this is?
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

I used to have a Mig 50. Entirely decent Marshall tone. Was very reliable.

Comment

Just keep in mind that the listing is slightly incorrect. The Mig 50 is not a 2 channel amp. It has a high and a low gain input but they are not separate channels and they aren't footswitchable.

Comment

someone hit the BIN, no worries here, i have too many amps allready! I think i need to stop buying and get my marshall 1987 mnodded like i have planned.

Comment

That BIN was a good price. Those are cool little amps. I need to stop buying amps too. They are all over the house and most of them I don't use. Its cool having them though.

Comment

my friend in Antithesis...doesn't leave the house without it...It is his right arm..he records EVERYTHING with that head.

That and a modified Tube Screamer John's buddy did..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X