X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Amp Rate-a-thon

[ QUOTE ]
    None of the above!

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] ya, I agree with ya there.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but that wasn't a listed option [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      None of the above!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I should have picked!

Comment

HaHa,
        I picked these because all I've heard is bad to eh on all of them except the Valvestate 80-100 and 900 is a matter of preference, yet these are still marshall's mainline amps.
        Kind of a headscratcher since all anyone really wants are JMP and JCM800s yet those are special runs or reissues for the most part. Seems like they'd find a way to modernize/repackage the JCM800 if that's what people really want. That or mad an SS modeler of a JCM800 for an entry level amp.

Marshall doesn't make any sense to me any more. Seems like they are just coasting on the old reputation?
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

"Marshall doesn't make any sense to me any more. Seems like they are just coasting on the old reputation?"

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn!

amen...
          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            HaHa,
            I picked these because all I've heard is bad to eh on all of them except the Valvestate 80-100 and 900 is a matter of preference, yet these are still marshall's mainline amps.
            Kind of a headscratcher since all anyone really wants are JMP and JCM800s yet those are special runs or reissues for the most part. Seems like they'd find a way to modernize/repackage the JCM800 if that's what people really want. That or mad an SS modeler of a JCM800 for an entry level amp.

Marshall doesn't make any sense to me any more. Seems like they are just coasting on the old reputation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically hit that on the nose, they are coasting big time. They dont make newer amps like the 800's because then they cant charge big bucks for the reissues, it is all a game. This is why Mesa boogie has become so popular, they make solid amps in the same price range of marshall shitty amps, yeah you may be sick of the mesa sound, but there shit is relialble and built like a tank.

I am gonna stop wasiting my time on marshalls, i am gonna take my 1987 reissue that i paid $720 for and get it splawn modded.

Comment

+ 1 for None of the Above...

I think my 83 JCM800 2203 w/6550's could stomp both John's Mark III and Bills 9200/JMP set-up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but that is all that amp can do, pure balls out one trick pony but it does that trick very well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn I bet your amp sounds GREAT...especially with the 6550s..

Funny , No matter what my rig is capable of...I'm a one trick pony type of playa..full blown gain to the max...as much crunch as I can conjure from it..

It sounds great for what I do...and it's in stereo thru FOUR 1960B cabs...I remember you laughing about that...but that shit sounds HUGE..even at low volumes...and it looks cool too!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd take your challenge Shawn...I would love to jam with you anywhoo... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and I would love to hear your Marshall...and you would love to hear mine...and I know this MAN.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and if your head out brutals my rig...I'll bust out the Uber! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

heheh...I can play through all 4 of my 4x12's too but I'd have 4 different amps goin at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 2203-VHT 50CL-Bogner 101B-Mesa DC5
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Shawn I used to do that years and years ago...

I had four half stacks goin' at once..all different heads

I had a switcher made for it..

I ran a Soldano , A 5150 , 2210 Marshall , and a recto...then I went with a Mesa MrkIII and Ampeg Lee Jackson..Two Lee Jacksons..

my room use to look like a frickin' music store..

I came to the conclusion that I like the Marshal rack and Uber the best so far...until something better comes along...but I havn't found that yet..

but when I do...I'll get it.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X