Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VHT Power Amp Question

[ QUOTE ]
    I actually saw the 2150, but the size of it turned me away. I'm more familiar with the other 2 mentioned, but I'll look into the 2150 if it's worth it. I figure I'd go with the 290 just because of the tubes/power and size

[/ QUOTE ]

Size is huge but the advantages is that the tubes function better verticall or so I am told but the VHT 2150 transformers are awesome better than any other Poweramp.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I hear ya on the size/parts makes a difference, but isn't having that many watts (tubage also) overkill? A small club, or mid size is probably as big as I'm gonna get when it comes to gigging. I usually jam at louder levels, but I still think that might be too much. I think something like that might be better suited for when I have more $ to spend on it also, or when/if I upgrade to a better rack system. Thanks for the suggestion though dude, but that might be too much for me

Comment

Yeah, nothing compares to the 215 really. It's built like a nuclear reactor. Total overkill. Actually, that much wattage is nice as it never breathes hard in most conditions and the tone stays consistant since it doesn't saturate and color.

Although I have had it saturate at a few shows. Takes some major volume though, when it does, it sings like no other.

I love mine, but hate carrying it! So, a 2-90-2 would be nice to have. Definitely next in line for my tastes.

Ahhh...

Comment

The 2150 is only 105W per channel vs. the 90W per channel for the 2/90/2. Most people assume the 2150 is 150W...but no....only 15W per channel higher....

If you are interested in a 2150 I have one for sale currently (Mint)...shoot me a PM for more info.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Then what will you use?

Comment

I'm scaling back the rack big time....when I actually DO have time to play these days I've usually just been plugging into the Engl stack....I've still got too much stuff here that is just sitting here...I don't have time during the week to play after work unfortunately, and the weekends are always busy with something going on, or else I'm working on the car to try to get it going for the summer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

Hey Joel, ya got a PM

Comment

Working...
                X