Amp shootout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amp shootout.

One of the thinks that sold me on the 101B was the 1/2 power and old and new switches [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

People say the same thing about the 2203 when playing by youself at practice room volumes -- but when you get a bass and drummer and crank that sukka they can't believe it cuts oo well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

With anything folks, you have to play the stuff and make up your own mind on what you prefer. The is no one single better than that type of deal, its what sounds good to you.

I love the SLO tones that I hear as well as the CAE/Suhr OD-100 but neither one of them sounds a million times better than what I already have, they sound great but no head and shoulders above the rest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The Uber is way more versatile than it gets credit for. If you have an Uber go here:
      http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settin...-settings.html
      for some settings and try them out. I had an XTC and sold it to get an Uber. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] For modded Marshall tones I just got a modded Marshall. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      As always YMMV.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Here's a warning, though: It needs to be played LOUD! Most folks who try them at music stores play them at music store volume, then complain that is thin and brittle. Yup. It's not a low volume amp.
        Turn that sucker up to about half on the master, and prepare to learn!

[/ QUOTE ] I couldn't agree more there Chuck! It doesn't fill out until a little past four. It's NOT a bedroom amp. Some dudes get the SLO and end up with the resonance mod to give it bottom. It's got plenty when loud. If you want a Soldano for the bedroom, find an old Atomic 16. They don't make them anymore, but you can find em!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Here's a warning, though: It needs to be played LOUD! Most folks who try them at music stores play them at music store volume, then complain that is thin and brittle. Yup. It's not a low volume amp.
          Turn that sucker up to about half on the master, and prepare to learn!

[/ QUOTE ] I couldn't agree more there Chuck! It doesn't fill out until a little past four. It's NOT a bedroom amp. Some dudes get the SLO and end up with the resonance mod to give it bottom. It's got plenty when loud. If you want a Soldano for the bedroom, find an old Atomic 16. They don't make them anymore, but you can find em!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, If you crank it up, you don't need the depth knob. IMHO, if you have it cranked, and you have the depth knob turned up much, if any at all, it sounds like shit.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

With anything folks, you have to play the stuff and make up your own mind on what you prefer. The is no one single better than that type of deal, its what sounds good to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, Shawn!

Comment

He The nine...thanks for the link dude...John's friend mark who is our fellow tone monger...thought the clean of the Uber was quite nice..

But I wouldn't know a good clean sound from shinola... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

when I saw Iced Earth Jon Shaffer used to switch from a Larry with a BBE 4222 in the loop to a Roland Jazz Chorus with a a/b pedal..for his clean tones.

but since he got the Uber...I only saw the Uber...so he used that for his clean as well...he sounded like he always did with it to tell you the truth...I know Jon was quite please with his Uber at that time...that was on their last tour with owens in the band..

OH BTW!!!...Did you guys know that the new Demons and Wizards is finaly out NOW...I'm sure the Uber is on that!!!!

I can't waite to pick it up...I really enjoyed their last one!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Seriously Shaffer has my favorite Uber tone...damn thing sound so tight , thick and heavy it nuts! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X