• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best overdrive pedal?

[ QUOTE ]

you know those newer Korg mutli effects pedal like the AX1500

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha, thats what i have right now. Funny you should mention the thing that im trying to replace.

I dunno about the hyperfuzz in it though.

edit: any body have any opinions on the Bixonic Expandora EXP-2000R Reissue, or the Radial Tonebone Classic TriMode Distortion Pedal. I hear dave mustaine used a expandora.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Anyone who Sneap has recorded with a Krank seems to be on that list.

Jeff has switched his live rig to Kranks, however, and Steve is considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has eh? Crazy. He switches gear quite frequently.

Comment

Jeff that fucker...he's da man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Jeff that fucker...he's da man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          Ditto.

He is supposed to come out with a shred album, if he finds the time. Or so he said in an interview I recently read. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I read that the cheap TS7 has the same chip as the expensive re-issue tubescreamers...is that true?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              edit: any body have any opinions on the Bixonic Expandora EXP-2000R Reissue, or the Radial Tonebone Classic TriMode Distortion Pedal. I hear dave mustaine used a expandora.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a Radial Tonebone Classic. Great pedal. I sold mine once I got a Soldano Supercharger - that thing is awesome!
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

If you've got an effects loop on your amp, all you need is a volume pedal in the loop to give you your boost. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm having problems with my Boss SD-1. When i use the pedal in front of the amp, i get feedback if i turn the gain past 9 o' clock. It's pretty frustrating as the sound from my JCM 900 is not what i want for when i'm playing solos.

Some one wanna help me with getting a more smooth and powerful sound for my solos from my pedal?

or should i just buy another?
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Anyone who Sneap has recorded with a Krank seems to be on that list.

Jeff has switched his live rig to Kranks, however, and Steve is considering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

has he, huh? well i don't believe that until i hear it from the man himself (or from steve). by the way, iirc steve is not considering it....he said he's considering switching to a triple XXX, but then again, he's partial to his triple rec [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the whole krank hype is totally beyond my horizon...i just don't get it. all those pros are switching to krank amps, but at the same time all the reviews you read in guitar forums basically bash them....more so than crates ^^

aren't the revolution heads super expensive? i think they want like 2200$ for one head.....or am i confusing them with something else?

sorry for the thread hijack [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

regarding boosters....i second the fx loop volume pedal idea. the tubescreamer is nice for adding more gain, but doesn't really add volume imho. same goes for most other overdrives

Comment

If you've never heard of Paul Cochrane's TIM pedal, you ought to give it a try. I've never heard a more transparent pedal and it have some way cool features like an effects loop, and a switchable 2nd gain stage with independent tone controls. Really wicked and under $200. Believe me I am not a pedal guy but, this is the THE pedal.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

best - I don't know but I think whatever amp you are using may have a different flavor to it with whatever pedal you are using . For me the only overdrive pedal I ever used is a Boss SD-1. I bought mine in 1982 and it still works great. That pedeal and a 2203 with 6550's is an awesome combination
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I picked up a Scott's Crispy Creme Treble Booster that sounds great. treble booster

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            If you've got an effects loop on your amp, all you need is a volume pedal in the loop to give you your boost. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                            That won't work, most volume pedals are passive and can't possibly add any volume because there is no amplifying circuitry. A good volume pedal set in it's loudest position should be the same volume as if the pedal wasn't there.

The SD-1 is a good buy for the $$$, I myself like the Zinky True Grit which is a 2 Stage OD/Distortion. It's kind of like a Fulltone Fulldrive 2, but costs about 1/2 as much.

Comment

of course it works. just put the volume pedal in the loop, set around lets say 80% of your maximum volume. if you want 100% just switch off your fx loop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                of course it works. just put the volume pedal in the loop, set around lets say 80% of your maximum volume. if you want 100% just switch off your fx loop [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a boost then, It's more like a Stave or cheap attentuator. (I'm kind of being nitpicky here)

The way I read it, the original poster wants a significant volume boost all the time on the cheap. A pedal is only going to get them so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X