Carvin 4x10 cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin 4x10 cabinet?

Anyone familiar with these cabinets, or the Carvin v10 speakers in them? I was about to buy a Boogie combo when one of my brothers said, "buy a head, I'll give you this tweed cabinet". It's a nice looking cabinet, but I've never heard it (I don't think my brother has, either). Anyone have any ideas about 10 inch speakers in general?
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Re: Carvin 4x10 cabinet?

10" speakers will give you a tight sound with a good bottom end.

Comment

i use a rivera 2x10 cab and i put carvin vintage 10's in it. it sounds GREAT!!!! it is kinda hard to describe the sound. the bass is there, but it won't "woof" like 12's. the treble is smooth and the mids are thick. i am really pleased with the sound of thosae carvin 10's. i used to use marshall 4x10 cabs in the early 90's but hated the sound of celestion 10's. the carvin speakers are WAY better sounding than those celestion 10's.

hope this helps.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Obviously, this was exactly what I wanted to hear! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Carvin Bass amps and speakers are the best IMO..

as far as guitar amps / speakers ..I haven't heard any Carvin stuff that impressed me..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For the price though...can't beat it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X