POD 2.0 or V amp Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD 2.0 or V amp Pro?

For the money, which is better? I know a lot of people don't care for Behringer, but the V amp 2 is pretty killer. I'm not very familiar with Line 6 gear so any thoughts would help.

Re: POD 2.0 or V amp Pro?

Oh, and does anyone run a dist. pedal in front of the POD? Using it only for effects and a preamp.

Comment

Hey Creepy,

I have a V-amp Pro and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of tones that can come out of this thing [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I have heard guys get great tone from V-amps, J-stations, and Pod's!! You just need to spend the time tweaking the sound in deep edit mode and can get a very decent sound from either one of the modelers listed above!! For the money, the V-amp Pro is well worth it in my opinion!!! It will just take some time to dial in your sound!! Hope this helped!!!

Jeremy

Comment

+1 for the V-Amp. I liked mine so much that I went out and bought the V-Ampire half stack! And if you look around online, there's a free software program that lets you convert the Line 6 tones into behringer format. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. I'll probably check one out.

Comment

JOHNSON J-Station!

Heh heh. I said, "johnson."

Keith
            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I heard a V-amp Pro live in an 80's metal band and it sounded fantastic.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Oh, and does anyone run a dist. pedal in front of the POD? Using it only for effects and a preamp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run an Ibanez Tube Screamer in front of my POD. It really adds a "sparkle" to the sound if you know what I mean. It really makes the POD come alive.

I don't get my distortion from the pedal. I get the best sound I can from the POD, then put the pedal in front of it with all the knobs at 12oclock..

Comment

I heard some pretty great metal tones out of both of them.

DumpyWumpy posted this really good sounding Dimension Zero cover using the POD2.0 with the Modern Hi Gain model, I think last year? Sounded great.

As far as the V-Amp goes. On Harmony Central someone was posted a high gain sample and it sounded great too. And yet again Dumpy posted two really nice sounding V-Amp2 clips of Decrepit Birth songs

Cleans sound really good out of both of them. Crunches sound okay.

Comment

Another thing.... if you want to spend a little extra cash I would check out the discontinued Digitech GSP 2101 or the 2112/2120. I havent heard the 2112 or 2120, but I own the 2101 and it is an awesome machine! Almost every effect known to man and has actual tube distortions and digital distortion. There is a big learning curve on how to use the thing to max out its' potential, but after 20 minutes will have have a very decent sound and can keep experimenting from there!! Shredmonster on the board here has a 2101 with the latest software 3.00.00 a. and the faster 20 Mhz processor that he is gonna sell, if interested shoot him a PM. I bought it from him, but it did not have the 2nd S-Disk (that gives you a little bit more options, but works fine nonetheless) inside like he thought and I returned it for a refund. So contact Shredmonster if you are interested [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X