new tube head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tube head

I'm thinking about getting a new head.I play heavy shit what do you guys think is the best for the job?framus cobra/dragon,bogner urb,or the engl powerball
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Re: new tube head

Totally different voice on each of em. They are all kickass high gain amps, but each one sounds really different imo. What kinda tone are you looking for? (Bands tones you like?)

Comment

fear factory,nothingface,obituary shit like that I have a voodoo modded marshall dsl 100 sounds great but I want to get away from the marshall sound been playing this amp for close to 7 years now think I need a change.how about the genz-benz el diablo

Comment

it's funny that you want to get that fear factory tone and yet still wanting to escape from marshall

best fear factory tones we're marshalls (demanufacture, obsolete- i think) we're made with a jcm 800 modded by CAE and their new sound ( new guitarist on archetype ) is also good and also rack (9100 poweramps and jmp1 )

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          it's funny that you want to get that fear factory tone and yet still wanting to escape from marshall

best fear factory tones we're marshalls (demanufacture, obsolete- i think) we're made with a jcm 800 modded by CAE and their new sound ( new guitarist on archetype ) is also good and also rack (9100 poweramps and jmp1 )

[/ QUOTE ]

Which albums did dino start using the line 6 heads? I think he either used the recto voicing or the line 6 insane straight into a mesa cab.

Comment

If you can get a Fear Factory sound out of a Genz Benz El Diablo, then you deserve a medal. The one I tried out was a very nice looking piece of crap. I couldn't get a decent sound for metal out of it at all, and I messed with it for 20 minutes at least.

When I try out an amp, I turn the gain up to 6 or 7, set the EQs at 12 oclock, and start from there. Any decent amp will sound pretty good right away. The El Diablo didn't.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which albums did dino start using the line 6 heads? I think he either used the recto voicing or the line 6 insane straight into a mesa cab.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he started using them on the Digimortal album, still a good sound, but not as nice as the sound on the previus albums
              93 USA Soloist EDS
              USA HT6 Juggernaut
              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

see if you can try out a powerball. i own one and love it! the thing can go from mild to wild to plain brutal with the twist of a knob. i'm not sure it will be a duplicate of the bands you mentioned but it sure as hell does heavy stuff very very well while staying articulate and tight!

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  see if you can try out a powerball. i own one and love it! the thing can go from mild to wild to plain brutal with the twist of a knob. i'm not sure it will be a duplicate of the bands you mentioned but it sure as hell does heavy stuff very very well while staying articulate and tight!

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]I may be thinking about a engl blackmoore the clips I listened to sounded pretty much the same if they have the same gain I will go with the blackmore I don't need the 4 channels the powerball has 2 channel and I'm good.I tried to call rocksolidamps.com and find this out but they are on vacation.have you checked out a blackmoore and wht did you think?

Comment

Working...
                  X