Fuchs Overdrive Supreme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchs Overdrive Supreme?

Anyone ever played through one of these? I see them on eBay a bit, and they seem to be built up out of other amps, like Fender Bassmans or older Traynors. They're supposed to be Dumble clones to a degreee. I played a Dumble Steel String Slinger about 15 years ago and it was astounding, but it was also 8 grand for the 100 watt head back then (who knows how much they are now). So, anyone familiar with the Fuchs amps? Do they compare favorably clean tone wise with a Mk series Boogie (or vice versa)?
    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Re: Fuchs Overdrive Supreme?

I have one modded from a 100 watt fender they have a very full clean tone extremely loud. ( reminds me of my 69 Marshall in volume only )The overdrive sound is smooth. Only had it for a short time and only played 3 or 4 jobs with it I'm still getting used to it. From everything I've read it's as close to a D*mble as someone can get without having to deal with Howard.

Comment

I've played them and owned one build on a Fender DRRI. Really nice sounding, very smooth amps with great big spacious clean sound. Having never played a Dumble, I can't compare the two, but the Fuchs is going to be closer to a Dumble Overdrive Special than a SSS (which is some kind of Fender based preamp into a 150 watt Ampeg power section, as I recall).

My Fuchs was great, thought not especially loud which is why I ended up selling it (stupid).

Comment

I'm looking for something high quality that will last me a good many years. I don't particularly need a built in distortion, but would like something that sounds great if you drive it hard. I also want a big, beautiful clean, which I know the Dumbles have in spades. I'm not really a multi amp guy, so if I get one of these it will be MY AMP, period. I play as much or more fusion as I play rock, and don't really play metal. Generally, I play by myself to drum and keyboard tracks I create on my Motif 6. I have an RP2000, which gives me the basic occasional chorus and overdrive. I'm looking at playing maybe 2 or 3 gigs a year in teh future. Would a Fuchs be a good "one amp" kind of amp? Are they single channel?

Comment

They have 2 switchable channel it's not a metal amp . Andy Fuchs is in New Jersey has a web site with clips no it. He also has his dealer listed there so you can try one out. There are also many reviews at harmony-central.com.

Comment

Well, seems I won a Carvin X100-b half stack so I guess this is moot now. The Fuch's from Fuchs are 3300 bnucks for a 100 watter, but an upgraded Fender Bassman rebuilt by Fuchs is a full 2 grand less. That's quite a bit.

Comment

Yes a Mod can be had for $1000+ on ebay. There is very little difference, he only keeps the transformers all the rest of the electronic are gutted and replaced with the same electronics as the production models.

Comment

Yeah, the mods used are a great deal. My DRRI was about $1200.

Comment

Working...
                X