The Soldano Spacesaver amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Soldano Spacesaver amp

I just got this in. Have you ever ordered something thinking you knew what it would look like, only to find out it is completely unlike anything you've ever seen? Ordered it sight unseen, figuring it would resemble most 2-12 combo amps. WRONG! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It's a Soldano Astroverb 16 in black gator tolex...vertical style! It may look like a mini-fridge, but it sounds awesome. Also pictured is my GMP. Rock as F*&#! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: The Soldano Spacesaver amp

Kick ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That would be neat if a lot of companies started doing that with their 2x12 combos!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is a sweet combo. Imagine.. having a 2 x 12 combo that you don't have to squat down to hear.

Comment

Does the minifridge come with beer?? J/K looks cool.

Comment

Whoa! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] That is too cool, Skinman. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow">Soldano is making Karaoke' machines now [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Very cool Tom.....now Scoopy can wail with pride [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now, if they could include a small, 6-pack size frige in there [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Skinman, give us a review of this amp, bro!

Comment

OK Fritz...it rips. How's that? More....? Alright, I bought it used from a place in CA. Didn't bother to ask them what it looked like, other than the tolex and it's condition. When the box showed up, I though maybe they packed it standing on end. Then I removed it from the box, and was a little surprised to say the least!

It's a great, low power tube rig. One channel, one input, with 20 watts. And it's plenty loud at 3 or 4 on the volume. It's got reverb, and the presence knob actually does work pretty good on this amp. You can roll off your guitars volume, and it will clean up nicely. It doesn't have the gain of an SLO, but gets a really nice tight hard rock distortion sound out of it. And if you check some of the reviews at HC, they are right when they say it is pretty unforgiving when it comes to playing sloppy. It's pretty obvious when you hit a wrong note or get sloppy muting other strings. So maybe it will help me to suck less...we shall see. I think it's killer, and for the price I paid ($699) well worth it.

Comment

Gret deal for a great amp. I agree, I had the head version and it was very unforgiving. It will make you a better player.

Comment

Killer for tight spaces. Killer deal for $700. As for being unforgiving, The SLO is the same. If you're not dead on, it makes you sound like you suck! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

So THAT explains it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool looking amp!!! Why hasn't anyone made a 2x12 combo like that before? It just makes too much sense not to be more common.

Comment

Years ago I remember a band that the dude had a 2x12 slant cab (the ones you usually run 2 in stereo) He had a single cab with a head on it. It looked ridiculous. The "T" stack! Totally stupid! When I saw it I was like [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Then I was like [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Then I was like [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It looked wicked stupid!

Comment

Working...
                          X