Carvin SX Solid state 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin SX Solid state 2x12

Whats the consensus on these? I'm looking for a good 2x12 combo without breaking the bank. Crate makes some affordable ones as well. Just wondering if anyone had done a taste test.

Re: Carvin SX Solid state 2x12

It sounds good. I have a student who has the SX200 which is 2 channel. They also make the SX300 which is 3 channels. Its good for home jamming but I wouldn't consider it suitable for live use with a live drummer. If you want a good Carvin 2 x 12 combo you should look at the MTS3200. You can get one used for less than $100.00 more than a used SX combo. The Line 6 Spyder 2 x 12 is another good choice. IMHO, you should look for a tube amp instead of SS. A 1 x 12 tube combo will blow away a 2 x 12 SS combo.

Comment

What kind of a budget are you on? jgcable is pretty dead-on. You don't have to break the bank to buy a tube amp, and they do sound terrific.

Comment

I'm looking at spending around $300 or less. It will probably be hard to find a used tube amp in any kind of condition for that. The Spyder 1x12 is $300, I may end up going for it.

Comment

Look for a Peavey Classic 30, Vintage Club 30 or 50, Carvin XV112, X60, Peavey Ultra, Ampeg SS70c, SS140C, and look seriously at all the Laney combos and Randall SS combo's. They are great bang for the buck.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
            X