Boss GT8 or Pod XT Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT8 or Pod XT Live

I will be picking up one of the 2 at the end of the month. I was just curious what you guys thought about the GT8. I know the Pod obviously has tons and tons of patches available with a good following. I was just curious if it could pull off some of the things the GT8 does and vice-versa. Any input would be helpful. My main thing will be recording direct to my PC utilizing Cool Edit Pro 2.0 as well as using it for a live piece.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: Boss GT8 or Pod XT Live

Have you looked at the GT Pro? A rack mount version of the gt8...I think...

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

So far I've recorded with my XT Live to Cool Edit and it's worked perfectly. Very easy to use, ya just gotta go to the Line 6 website and DL the drivers. I've jammed with it live also and it's a really kickass unit. That volume/wah pedal really comes in handy. I can't comment on the GT8, but I'm more than happy with the XT Live

Comment

The GT8 is not an = to the XT Live. I think the GT-6 is more inline with the XT Live. I have a GT-6 and I would recommend it to anybody for a live situation. There is no need to buy a GT-8, XT Live or a GT-6 if you are just going to use it at home to record with. For that, I would suggest a POD 2.O

Comment

I will be using it for live purposes as well.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

I'd still recommend the Live XT. It takes a little time to really get the tones your looking for (takes a week to really get into how many options you have to play with), so don't say "F it" like I did, lol. The dudes on the board convinced me to keep it and now I love it.

Comment

Personally, I like the Line-6 XT/Vetta modeling engine better than the Boss COSM modelling--but there are those who disagree with me on that. You really have to try them and see which sounds better to you. And for recording purposes, try them out through headphones, rather than an amp, since you will get a better feel for what they sound like when not colored by other sound devices.

Comment

ive always had good luck with Line6.

Comment

You gotta hear my GT-6 through my Carvin T100 100w stereo power amp pumping through a 4 x 12 cabinet wired in stereo.
                  The only modeling rig I have ever heard that sounded as good or better (because of the amp stacking) is the Vetta II running through Mesa Boogie 4 x 12 oversized cabinets.
                  Its perfect live sound. All my heavy and solo patches are based on Matchless amplifiers which are my favorite. The cleans are all Fender Twins, chorus, JC120's. I set up alot of my effects to run in stereo and I have the delays and the chorus effects panning left to right. Its amazing.

Comment

If it's just for recording, I would say a POD 2.0 or XT. For live work, the Boss GT. But since you want both, I would go with the XT Live.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

my band is enjoying the xt live.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                      X