Rockman -Tom Scholz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockman -Tom Scholz

I've been looking at the old Tom Scholz Rockman mini amps. I would appreciate feedback on which one is best. X100 vs. Guitar Ace vs. Soloist. Thanks.

Re: Rockman -Tom Scholz

X100 is the best out of your choices.

Comment

Yeah, I've got one of those things. It still works too!

Comment

Dunlop has picked up the Rockman line and now makes the Aces. Not sure how long they've been doing them.

X100 and the original Rockman (no model name) are the best.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I had the X100--recorded a whole bunch of tracks with it back in the pre-POD era. Very crisp sounding, but don't expect to get the 'brown sound'.

Comment

Hehe, I used to run an original rockman stereo out into a little mixer and then into a 73 Fender Twin Reverb that was made into a head. Somehow, (with some pedals) it sounded pretty much like the first two Ozzy albums with Randy... Played many a show as a kid with that rig, hehehe...

Still got that thing running around here somewhere in pieces...

Comment

X100 is the best of these. Even better yet is the Sustainer rackmount unit. It is a half rack space and makes a killer sounding rig when paired with the other rock modules such as the chorus, delay, and /or EQ units. The prices of these seem to be steadily climbing on Ebay.

Comment

Here's one now:

X100 on EBAY

Only $100 at the moment
                Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Working...
                X