My Mojave Peacemaker is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mojave Peacemaker is.....

Here....and it's a seriously mean mother f*cker.

Chuck, any fears of this not grinding like a master volume amp are out the window...Need a Hot Plate with it, but lets just say that Lynch, Eric Johnson, Billy Gibbons have as good taste in amps as I do [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] When running with no attenuation it's just awesome - awesomely loud though, will probably get the Power Dampening mod done.

I've found and now really understand the term "clean distortion". This amps cleans up like perfectly clean, and goes back to grind with a twist of the knob. Actually prefer it without any stompbox in front. You hear every note of every chord ringing clear, the single note stuff just sings. Pulled a pair of tubes but went back to all 4. I see a Scorpion in my future..

Mojave Ampworks
    Scorpion Link...
    Mojave Soundpage

Yeah, it's the honeymoon - but she sure smells nice [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Re: My Mojave Peacemaker is.....

It sure sounds like it's cool, but here's my concerns: I often play at low volume here at home. In fact, it's rare I get to really turn it up. Seein's how I'm not currently in a band, that's 100% of my playing.
    Most quality amps I've owned, even MV amps, always sound better turned up. So, to me, to have an amp that I HAVE to turn up loud to get the good stuff, makes it useless to me.

You must have a situation where you can play loud as hell whenever you want. That's a requirement to owning an amp like the Mohave's, the Roccaforte's, the Blockhead's, etc.

I'd love to try one, but I seriously doubt I'd ever own one. I'd wind up with a bunch of pedals in front of it to get what I need, and then what's the point?

Have fun, you lucky, loud SOB! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats Steve - looks like a killer amp.I listened to the clips, I like all of the cleans the best. A few of those amps have some really good classic / rock early metal tones. The chime Coyote was pretty cool too.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        It sure sounds like it's cool, but here's my concerns: I often play at low volume here at home. In fact, it's rare I get to really turn it up. Seein's how I'm not currently in a band, that's 100% of my playing.
        Most quality amps I've owned, even MV amps, always sound better turned up. So, to me, to have an amp that I HAVE to turn up loud to get the good stuff, makes it useless to me.

You must have a situation where you can play loud as hell whenever you want. That's a requirement to owning an amp like the Mohave's, the Roccaforte's, the Blockhead's, etc.

I'd love to try one, but I seriously doubt I'd ever own one. I'd wind up with a bunch of pedals in front of it to get what I need, and then what's the point?

Have fun, you lucky, loud SOB! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck -

Actually, with the Hot Plate running, and even at the -16db setting barely cracked open, this sounds better than any amp I've owned and thats playing at 10:00 pm with a 10 week old and a 3 /12 yr old down the hall - and NO PEDALS in front. The "household" volume is not a problem...I may end up working out a trade for a 50 watt Scorpion, but I will say that the Power Damping thing that Victor at Mojave has come up with is a mind boggler - it will reduce the amp from 100 - 6 watts, and nearly all the clarity you would find running it wide open is still there when Power Damped....read up on it on the site links...

Super killer amp [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Stop it Steve. Stop it right now. My meager checking account is begging you here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Price??

Comment

Congrats Steve.
              I knew you would love that amp.
              A friend of mine hwo is so picky on amps loves the amp.
              Now, post some pics and maybe some soundclips!!!!
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The soundclips on the site sounded really really nice!

The Peacemaker and plexi 45 are tonemonsters from what I hear in the clips, can only be better in real life!
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Holy crap do those amps sound good. The Peacemaker sounds great. Does it really sound like that??

Comment

Hey Steve,

Didn't notice you are a Jackson player too. Me too!

I have a feeling that this is what your amp setup will look like soon enough, maybe:

Glad you're enjoying your Peacemaker! I know I do every single time I plug into it.

John
                    Proud user/owner
                    Mojave Peacemaker #0025
                    Mojave Scorpion #0025
                    Mojave 4x12's

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Hey Steve,

Didn't notice you are a Jackson player too. Me too!

I have a feeling that this is what your amp setup will look like soon enough, maybe:

Glad you're enjoying your Peacemaker! I know I do every single time I plug into it.

John
                      Proud user/owner
                      Mojave Peacemaker #0025
                      Mojave Scorpion #0025
                      Mojave 4x12's

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey John !

Ah...I'm more of a Charvel / Jackson wannabe at the moment...Proud multi GMW owner now with a pointy Charvel in the future [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I see you got the plastic wrap mod done to your Scorpion, hope it didn't cost as much as the Power Dmapening mod does now( looks like Vic raised the price to $325..) Also - nice work on managing to get Scorpion # 0025 to match your Peacemaker - even though #0026 was already out in circulation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, I know you've done it before - but can you compare the Peacemaker and The Scorpion, and describe the Power Dampening benefit / tone? This is for Chuckracer and the rest of the JCF [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Killer amp - thats for sure. Thanks for your input over on the Plexi Palace too.

Steve E

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Holy crap do those amps sound good. The Peacemaker sounds great. Does it really sound like that??

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds a whole shitload better in person than on those clips [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The thing I've really noticed about it is that it really allows for the character of different guitars and touch to shine...the difference between a pre-amp distortion tone and a power amp distortion tone is night and day.

Steve E

Comment

Price???

Comment

Man, the Women in Love clip, REALLLY shows they capture the early EVH tone almost verbatim. that is the closest I've heard to that tonal scheme out of an amp...

I'm amazed, and even my GF Nicole said it was amazingly close.

Wow...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Man, the Women in Love clip, REALLLY shows they capture the early EVH tone almost verbatim. that is the closest I've heard to that tonal scheme out of an amp...

I'm amazed, and even my GF Nicole said it was amazingly close.

Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 I thought the exact same thing when I listened to the clips. That is 100% accurate tone for that song which IMHO is a very hard tone to duplicate.

Comment

Working...
                              X