• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Mojave Peacemaker is.....

[ QUOTE ]
    Price???

[/ QUOTE ]

$2975 new for the Peacemaker - $2000 - 2300 for used one. If you find one with the PD mod done or stock already it will be closer to the $2200 - 2300 range. Mojave has a strict pricing agreement with their dealers, next to no discounts off of list...

5 days in - yeah this thing does the VH cranked Marshall thing to a T, but is waaaaaay more versatile than just that. EJ, Lynch , Billy Gibbons, jazzy tones all lurk within... I'll either send this down to Vic for the PD mod, or try and finagle my way into a 50 watt Scorpion via trade or sale. Vic at Mojave recommends just having the PD mod done to this one. As much as I hate to admit it - Chuck is right about the volume issue - it just keeps sounding better the louder it gets, but will kill small animals at 5 feet without a Hot Plate. Pretty much NO PEDALS REQUIRED either. The clips you guys like were recorded with guitar straight into the amp.

BTW - this one is #0007 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

I'm sorry you had to do that, Steve. You okay? Need a drink? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm sorry you had to do that, Steve. You okay? Need a drink? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nah Chuck, I'm good. No drink needed - I'm comforted in how insanely good this amp sounds [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for your concern though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Well, I sure don't need to try one!! That's the last friggen thing I need...'spensive gear lust!

Comment

There's a peacemaker + cab on the bay for $2k.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey John !

Ah...I'm more of a Charvel / Jackson wannabe at the moment...Proud multi GMW owner now with a pointy Charvel in the future [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I see you got the plastic wrap mod done to your Scorpion, hope it didn't cost as much as the Power Dmapening mod does now( looks like Vic raised the price to $325..) Also - nice work on managing to get Scorpion # 0025 to match your Peacemaker - even though #0026 was already out in circulation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, I know you've done it before - but can you compare the Peacemaker and The Scorpion, and describe the Power Dampening benefit / tone? This is for Chuckracer and the rest of the JCF [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Killer amp - thats for sure. Thanks for your input over on the Plexi Palace too.

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Steve,

That pic I took was the very day my Scorpion had arrived at the house, still in it's wrapping out of the box.

Although the differences between the Peacemaker and Scorpion are subtle, I will say that even if you pull two tubes from the Peacemaker, it is still somewhat louder than the Scorpion as it's pushing 65 watts vs the Scorpion at 50 watts. I noticed it when I record, and I run my Peacemaker into one side of my stereo Mojave cab, and the Scorpion in the other side, just to swell my testicles even more, hehe. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I can switch between each head, and run them both together if I wish, and that was when I noticed that even with the Peacemaker running two output tubes, it's a little louder than the Scorpion. Now you could use a Variac if you wanted to, to lower the voltage to 90, but it's not really necessary as Vic has mentioned before.

My Peacemaker serial is #0025, and the timing was perfect when I knew I was going to place an order for a Scorpion, and when I was chatting with Vic on the phone, he said that he was up to #0023 at the time, so I had asked him to please hold onto #0025 for me so that I could have matchin serials. He put aside the number as we spoke. Too cool for him to do that for me.

I think the only tone difference between the Peacemaker and Scorpion is that the Scorpion has the same size OT as the Peacemaker, which gives the Scorpion ridiculous headroom and clarity, way more than any other 50 watter. If I only had a Scorpion, I would probably still want a Peacemaker too, just because it's a larger size head, and more power too. And vise versa. I'm glad to have both.

I don't have the PD mod on my Peacemaker, and haven't really had the urge to get it done mostly because I have it already on my Scorpion. But it being 50 watts, I tend to run the Scorpion wide open inside the amp enclosure I told you about before when recording. But yeah, with the Peacemaker, I still use my Hotplate to control the volume for live jamming use.

Steve, if you don't ever gig and were hell bent on trading for a Scorpion, then you might not miss the Peacemaker. But if you do play live, I'd say keep the Peacemaker, and add a Scorpion later when you can get one.

Do you run a W/D/W setup, btw? That would change everything anyhow. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

John

Comment

The Peacemaker has to be one of the greatest amps ever made and as soon as my finances are to where they should be one of these is coming home.Yes I would also look into the PD mod as volume is a big issue but its one where its well worth the cost. Kammo1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Steve,

That pic I took was the very day my Scorpion had arrived at the house, still in it's wrapping out of the box.

Although the differences between the Peacemaker and Scorpion are subtle, I will say that even if you pull two tubes from the Peacemaker, it is still somewhat louder than the Scorpion as it's pushing 65 watts vs the Scorpion at 50 watts. I noticed it when I record, and I run my Peacemaker into one side of my stereo Mojave cab, and the Scorpion in the other side, just to swell my testicles even more, hehe. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I can switch between each head, and run them both together if I wish, and that was when I noticed that even with the Peacemaker running two output tubes, it's a little louder than the Scorpion. Now you could use a Variac if you wanted to, to lower the voltage to 90, but it's not really necessary as Vic has mentioned before.

My Peacemaker serial is #0025, and the timing was perfect when I knew I was going to place an order for a Scorpion, and when I was chatting with Vic on the phone, he said that he was up to #0023 at the time, so I had asked him to please hold onto #0025 for me so that I could have matchin serials. He put aside the number as we spoke. Too cool for him to do that for me.

I think the only tone difference between the Peacemaker and Scorpion is that the Scorpion has the same size OT as the Peacemaker, which gives the Scorpion ridiculous headroom and clarity, way more than any other 50 watter. If I only had a Scorpion, I would probably still want a Peacemaker too, just because it's a larger size head, and more power too. And vise versa. I'm glad to have both.

I don't have the PD mod on my Peacemaker, and haven't really had the urge to get it done mostly because I have it already on my Scorpion. But it being 50 watts, I tend to run the Scorpion wide open inside the amp enclosure I told you about before when recording. But yeah, with the Peacemaker, I still use my Hotplate to control the volume for live jamming use.

Steve, if you don't ever gig and were hell bent on trading for a Scorpion, then you might not miss the Peacemaker. But if you do play live, I'd say keep the Peacemaker, and add a Scorpion later when you can get one.

Do you run a W/D/W setup, btw? That would change everything anyhow. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

John

[/ QUOTE ]

John -

Thanks for the comparison....

I do have this to say - the wife & kids were out of the house for the first real extended time today and I had a real chance to wind up the Peacemaker...OMG [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

At the -8db setting on the Hot Plate with just a hair of Fulldrive II into it, it's the GOD TONE [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] just absolutely dripping. I've owned a shitload of way too nice amps in the last 2 years, and this one kills them all - hands down. The clarity is just unreal, what insane sounds...

That said - it looks like a deal on a Power Damped Scorpion fell into my lap. Tough decision here, I'm still sort of in shock of how just stoopidly good the Peacemaker sounds...Can't afford both at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

GAS is good, especially when it sounds like this [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

Update:

My Mojave Peacemaker is....headed to Mojave Amps for the Power Dampening Mod, and then on to it's new owner [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Taking its place is a Mojave Scorpion with the power dampening / line out already installed. Couldn't pass this one up...

That said - the Peacemaker is the baddest ass motherf*cker of an amp I've ever owned or played. Hands down the toothiest meanest tone spitting machine around - and far better suited to an arena than the small stage at my house or any local clubs I may play at here in town [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think I've found my amp niche though - the Mojaves are doing it for me.

Steve E

Comment

what is power dampening? Is that just a built in attenuator just cut the power from 100/50/25/12 watts?
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        what is power dampening? Is that just a built in attenuator just cut the power from 100/50/25/12 watts?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of a built in attenuator - but it's before the output transformer and still manages to keep most all the clarity achieved running it wide open. It's variable in function as it's a rotary knob that actually lets you dial it back a bit at a time - not like a Hot Plates 4/8/12/20 stepped reduction. It works insane.

Steve E

Comment

My Peacemaker is now a Scorpion with Power Dampening....I've only had it for about 36 hours - but so far it's the Peacemakers severly pissed off little brother..the Peacemaker may have more clarity - but this gives it up at a much more manageable volume. Very similiar tones - still a killer amp. Good move for me... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

cool Steve, glad it works out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Does the power dampening thig affect the tone or voice when your using it at lower volumes, like bedroom levels?
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

And this man calls ME a gear whore... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                And this man calls ME a gear whore... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man, only rolling around in the mud with the cream of the crop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I think we're pretty close in the guitars slut arena, but I may have you by a foot in the amp dept.

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                                X