V-amp pro users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-amp pro users

I just ordered one and was wondering a few things. I know I'll run my wah pedal in the pre DSP effects loop, but to run an overdrive/distortion pedal, should it go in the loop, between the guitar and the v amp, or in the post DSP inputs?

Re: V-amp pro users

I would wager between the guitar and the V-Amp, that is the only way you would be able to use it to overdrive the amp models in the unit because all of the other options seem to occur after this stage.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'll try it there and in the pre DSP loop. Thanks

Comment

I can't imagine that you'll need to run any kind of distortion pedal with the V-Amp....you can dial in insane amounts of gain with that unit. And, if you have any kind of midi pedalboard with the foot/expression pedals, you can use the wah that's built into the V-Amp. I used to use all kinda of floor pedals, but now that I use the V-Amp gear, it's just one cord, straight in. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I heard a V-Amp Pro live and I too thought it sounded outstanding. Tons of gain, great effects and the wah in it sounds fantastic. You just need an expression pedal. Personally, I think its easier just sticking a wah pedal between the guitar and the V-amp Pro. The reason is you need to step on 2 pedals to activate the wah if you use an expression pedal. 1 to turn the wah on and assign it to the expression pedal and then you would have to move your foot to the actual pedal to use it. My GT-6 has a built in expression pedal and thats what I have to do. I got used to it easily and its so much more convenient than carrying around a wah pedal. Sounds great too.

Comment

You guys are right! It came yesterday and it has some serious gain. I tried some stomps in the loop, but it just became noisy. John, after you bought my V-amp 2, I missed it alot. I never really got into the deep edit mode on it. With the pro, I really started tweaking it last night and am really impressed.

Comment

Grab a couple of midi cables, hook it up to the pc and get the v-amp editing software. It makes it all to easy to use the presets, program, save, edit, tweak etc.
              When I've got a sweet sound I email it to a mate of mine, a few clicks, it loads right up [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

hey, this sounds great bibz!
                which soundcard do you use if I may ask? I just wondered where to plug in a midicable on my PC?!

I rarely make use of the presets. I have got a couple of them saved, but mostly I just dial in directly what I need...
                don't use it live or in rehearsal anyway, just for jammin around, but this sounds really interessting.

but great amp none the less!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

hey dude, I've got a soundblaster audigy 2 zs platinum pro (how the hell did I remember all that). Its got this breakout box that has optical in, standard mic/line ins, headphone jacks, and midi in/out. Cool unit for connectivity. Pretty pricey though! My mate just uses a midi unit he got for like 10 bucks from ebay, I'm not to sure if its a usb thing or a game controller port thing, I can find out more if you like.

Comment

hey thx!
                    well I think a new soundcard could really be of use for me, once I have some cash off... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I currently have an onboard soundcard and it sucks pretty much. so I doubt this would be useable for some recordings or stuff at all.
                    now I got something new to have an eye on... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thx for your reply!
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Working...
                    X