VHT fat bottom + ENGL PB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT fat bottom + ENGL PB?

Hey guys!,I may be trading my recto tradional cab for a VHT with p50e's.I heard the vht is super tight and would compliment my death metal perfectly.But to anyone with expierence.How does the vht cabs match up to lets say an Engl Powerball? The guy i'm trading has an Engl Blackmore but it's too bright with the cab,hence wanting the darker sound of the mesa with v30's.Please help me! thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: VHT fat bottom + ENGL PB?

I use a VHT 2x12 FB cab with my Powerball...it sounds huge, comparable to a 4x12. It's a lil tighter sounding than my Mesa 4x12, but thats expected of a 4x12. The VHT is pretty light too, the 4x12s are around 100pounds. If I had the opportunity, Id trade my Recto in for a VHT.

Comment

i really cant see a Powerball sounding crappy through any cab. I used a Marshall 1960A cab with mine and it sounded massive.

Comment

thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

yeha..you put crap through a nice cab it will still sound like crap

I don't have a PB but I have a VHT FB 4x12 with P50E's and it sounds nice with the 50 CL
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I never have heard that Cab honestly but I have heard good reviews with that and a Powerball
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I own a PB and a Mesa 4X12 raditional cab. traditional is better for the PB its tighter than the standard the standard supplies more bottom enfd, but the PB doesnt NOT need the exra bottom end. I played it thre a fat bottom VHT cab at Dereks place (rocksolidamps.com) and it sound sooo nice. It sounded better than my traditional tighter and just more like there. I reccomend that cab over the Trad.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I own a PB and a Mesa 4X12 raditional cab. traditional is better for the PB its tighter than the standard the standard supplies more bottom enfd, but the PB doesnt NOT need the exra bottom end. I played it thre a fat bottom VHT cab at Dereks place (rocksolidamps.com) and it sound sooo nice. It sounded better than my traditional tighter and just more like there. I reccomend that cab over the Trad.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep,you are right on that! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

is it better to use some lower wattage speakers with higher gain amps like the PB ?

Comment

Working...
                  X