Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought an ENGL head :)

hi all

just scored an engl blackmore head via ebay....price 760 euro shipped. deal or what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

as always, i`m gonna post a full review once it arrives (saturday or monday)

i'm so excited [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Just bought an ENGL head

Major Congrats!!! I'm sure you're going to love that piece...

Comment

If it sounds anything like my E570 preamp, you're in for a real treat. Nice Score!
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Tell us about the E570, I'm really thinking of getting one. Start a thread on it! Do a review!

Comment

Congrats, Fragle!

Our other guitarist from Uncreation got that head recently, we are all VERY happy with it, it kicks unbelievable amounts of ass.
          ENGL's rock, I still start to grin from ear to ear each time I switch on my Fireball! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Engl kick ass, love my Powerball.

Let us know how do you like the RB.
            Congratulations. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I loved my Powerball too, bloody shame i had to sell it for cash.

I find it extremly easy to dial in ENGL's. Have fun with your new toy.

Comment

Nice score on the Blackmore, I love my Savage 120. Engl's definitely kick major tail!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]hailz to the Engl clan! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Engl Fireball user here. Great amps

Comment

Congratulations on the Engl Head. I hear nothing but good things about Engls. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll be eager to read the full report!

Comment

Quote"I loved my Powerball too, bloody shame i had to sell it for cash.

I find it extremly easy to dial in ENGL's. Have fun with your new toy. " unquote

And i love it andrew the Powerball must be one of the best sounding amps out there for the price range of 2000.

Comment

well, it arrived today. it looks brand spanking new, only one REALLY small scratch on the front plate, thats it. the tolex looks like it came just out of factory.
                            i couldn't play it at a decent volume yet, but tomorrow or wednesday there'll be a band practice, and there are three gigs coming up friday till sunday, so we will see. of course i'm gonna post a full review then.
                            but for now at high bedroom levels i'm REALLY liking it. having two master volumes is great. the clean is outstanding, even with emgs. i have no use for the pushed clean stuff. the lo lead sounds great for acdc to ozzy stuff, kinda like an unboosted jcm 800. the hi lead takes the cake for all out metal assault. at low volumes the bottom is a bit lacking, but the gain is more than sufficient. somehow it doesn't need a lot of gain to get a great solo sound, very nice. couldn't do that with my jcm 800. the presence sounds like shit, turns everything into fuzz when turned past 2, but below that it's nice for adding some bite (i'm not using the presence on any amp, so this is kind of usual [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). other than that, it seems to be easy to dial in. it's also very articulate, really nice.
                            my only concern is that its voicing seems to be quite mid scooped, so i'm not sure how it's gonna cut through a full band mix. surely not as well as the jcm, but that one is a band killer anyways [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

so far, i think it's better than the jcm, and WAY better than the mesa i sold to buy it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but as i said, i'm gonna post a full review.

Comment

by the way, if you want to get an idea of how it sounds at low volume, listen to kreator - live creation. mille is mixed on the left side, whereas sami is on the right, and afaik sami is using engl amps. well, now he is, not sure if he already used them for the violent rev. tour. but it sounds like one. other than that iced earth - live in athens is another very similar sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X