Just bought an ENGL head :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought an ENGL head

Please Please post a review and SOUND CLIPS!!!!!! Solid deal!
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Comment

no sound clips, sorry. i don't have any mics, as i'm always recording direct into my pc using a stinkin pod 2.0 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] that thing really proves that you can make anything sound decent for recording purposes [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

derekB has a couple of great sounding engl clips including the blackmore, though. check out his site www.rocksolidamps.com

by the way, want to know what finally convinced me of trying an engl? seing kreator and dew scented a couple of weeks ago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] the powerball i tried once sounded like crap to me, though.....i'm just not into the whole oversaturated bassy "nu" sound.. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, to be honest, I listened to every clip on that site! I'll never see myself buying an ENGL Or Framus after hearing that, that's for sure....
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

So you like it that much already before you even turned it up at all?

Prepare to be blown away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And don't worry about getting lost in the mix. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

blown away, huh? sounds promising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] we'll see [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GoR...as always, playing an amp with your fav. guitar is always the better than listening to some clip. however, clips DO give you a general idea of the amps sound. i personally don't like any of the fire/powerball clips on that site, either, but the savage sounds really cool. by the way, the heavy blackmore clip derekB also posted here some time ago sounds nothing like the sound i've dialed in so far. but then again, iirc he had the presence way up for that clip [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i'm with dreamland reb on this one....turn the damn shit OFF [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            but don't listen to me, i'm just a drunk stupid german bastard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              blown away, huh? sounds promising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] we'll see [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

GoR...as always, playing an amp with your fav. guitar is always the better than listening to some clip. however, clips DO give you a general idea of the amps sound. i personally don't like any of the fire/powerball clips on that site, either, but the savage sounds really cool. by the way, the heavy blackmore clip derekB also posted here some time ago sounds nothing like the sound i've dialed in so far. but then again, iirc he had the presence way up for that clip [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i'm with dreamland reb on this one....turn the damn shit OFF [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              but don't listen to me, i'm just a drunk stupid german bastard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I'm really thinking about buying a blackmoore.maybe next week.i like the blackmoore clips best so let's get the review going ...
              www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

well, today there'll be a band practice (originally it should have been yesterday), and i'll write a review as soon as i'm back.

Comment

yeah...well, sorry, can't review it now. we couldn't practice cause our stupid drummer forgot to bring his cymbals [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]oke:

i did however play it at a decent volume for a couple of minutes, and here's what i noticed:

-has an insane amout of gain. at high bedroom volume i kept the gain at around 7 for metal rhythm, loud i only put it at 4. once you do that, it sounds VERY clear.
                  -it's a seriously loud son of a bitch. had it at 2 on the master and it already ate my jcm set at 3.5 for lunch. and thats with the channel volume on the jcm set to 7 and 5 on the blackmore
                  -tends to get a bit harsh when loud (maybe due to the stock 75 celestions), but can be tamed by turning the presence off (which i do anyways) and pulling the treble back to around 4. however, i might need more treble once theres a full band playing.
                  -the contour switch makes the guitar sound punch through any mix, im 100% sure. it sounds sooo punchy with the contour engaged it's not even funny

i'm REALLY looking forward to the upcoming gigs. should eat the tsl of my bandmate for lunch (as if the jcm800 didn't do that already [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

A stupid drummer?you must be pulling my leg? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah,i think it is time for a change.I have a voodoo modded dsl 100 the thing does sound great but I think I need a new toy.I sold my practice rig(podpro/marshall 9200)So I have about 900 bucks to put towards something different.well I would have 900 if the dead-beat ebay asshole would send me my damn money!I will be checking for the review thanks
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

well, what are you looking for sound wise? list some of your favourite sounds and/or what you want an amp to sound like, and i'll try to give you a recommendation

Comment

well, next update.
                        i already played two shows with it now, and well...let's do this step by step
                        -it`s insanely loud. much much louder than my 100 watt jcm800 marshall. i played two open air gigs, and i could NOT turn it past 2,5 on the master without blowing the whole band off the stage.
                        -well...i`m not sure what i`m supposed to think about its sound. it sounds very bright and harsh when listening to it through the cabinets (the first one was a mesa 412 with vintage 30 speakers (i hate v30s [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ), the second was an older laney cab). through the pa (well, through the monitors, that is...) it sounded really decent if not amazing. now, maybe it sounds so harsh because of the crappy cabs/speakers (my fav is the good ole 1960B marshall with 75w speakers), but i don`t know.....
                        -the gain is not completely usable at loud volumes. i had it at 4 most of the time. turning it any higher just adds more harshness.

atm, i`m liking my jcm better than the engl. i`m gonna wait until i played a show using a 1960b cab before i decide which one has to go. so far it doesn`t really fulfill my expectations.

Comment

congrats on it anyway. WIth my powerball, i like every single feature it has except it isnt really LOUD like i wanted it to be. my old Mesa single rec was just as loud if not louder. I mean its one of thebest sounding amps so i can settle with the volume problem. for mine i have the gain around 6ish, the treble at 8 the open mid at 4 the focused mid at 2 the bass at 5 the presence at 7 and the depth at 7. Cahnnel volume at 7 and master around 3 for my band practices

Comment

Working...
                          X