TC Electronic G Major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronic G Major

Any comments on the TC Electronic G Major is it any good?

Re: TC Electronic G Major

It is one of the most used effects/midi units in the world. So I think a lot of people think it's adequate. No seriously, it's a good unit (only been able to test at the shop though).
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Very cool unit for the money... No doubt that there isn't better in the price range.

Comment

i just got one for 300 new. literally new, my friend got one for x-mas, and he's the type of guy that just doesnt sit down and figure things out, so he never played it. sat in the box for 6 or 7 months, still had all the plastic covering over the LCD screen and everything.

awesome unit, i replaced all my pedals cept my Wah with it. sounds super super clean, no noise (built in noise gate if you do) a Tuner thats ALWAYS on, and some of the best delay/reverb/chorus effects ive ever used. absolutely love it. now i just need a midi foot controller

Comment

Only thing I did with it that had to done was reset the global output level to a higher output, they seem to have lower output out of the box with the stock setting. Many people I've talked to complained about that issue and think it is a problem with the unit, but really it is just an adjustement. I'm sure there is a reason for it being shipped like that.

Otherwise, (and that isn't a problem or anything) that unit is great.

Comment

Plus, the new price has just dropped from $499 to $399 recently! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Awesome machine. I got rid of everything when I got this. I also bought a Rocktron foot controller to call up my presets.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I think I`m going to buy one and one preamp likely a ADA MP1 or Marshall JMP 1 when I sell my Digitech 2120.

Comment

I have one and it is a fine unit. Some of the FX like the reverb and delay are a bit hi-fi sounding, I wish they had a little of the old analog greasy sound, but I guess that is a minor trade off for convienence. Big bang for the buck.

Comment

I love mine...the noise gate is the best I've heard..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've had one for about 5 years. It's been used live the whole time. Dust, beer, nicotine, and boobs.. it's seen it all. Sound super and I've had soundmen compliment me on my effects. The channel switching feature is the coolest. No messy pedals on amp f/c. All you need is 1 midi floor unit.

I've had 1 problem. Sometimes I hit the midi f/c and channels don't change. I've borrowed 2 other midi f/c's and still had the problem. I've gotten new cables, and still it haunts me. It's not an everyday occurrance either. So I recently updated the software to v1.27. Seems the problem is less now, but it still occurs. The only solution I have is to power down and power up the unit until it behaves normally again. This issue isn't worth me getting rid of the G-Major. It's killer!

Now we have the G-System. Could be on my Xmas list.

Comment

Yeah, that G System looks like a great idea. Too bad it's $1500. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Maybe they'll come down.

Comment

The G System is so amazing but too costly for me right now
                          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                          X