Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1x12 combo amp cardboard boxes - Where to get 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1x12 combo amp cardboard boxes - Where to get 'em?

I swear this subject has been covered before, but I never pay attention until the situation befalls me personally. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, I'm probably the most self-centered little bastard around. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now that we've stated the obvious and put it aside, where would I obtain a relatively cubed-shaped cardboard box that fits a 1x12 combo amp for amp-shipping purposes? I assume the box would have minimum dimensions of about 15x15x18 (length x width x height) to compensate for packing materials and the fact that a 1x12 combo amp is a little bit taller than the 12" speaker.

Gratitudes! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: 1x12 combo amp cardboard boxes - Where to get \'em?

Go to your local music store. Their dumpster is were you'll look & they might even have packing in the box also. Always ask before you start.

Comment

Re: 1x12 combo amp cardboard boxes - Where to get

I'm obviously an idiot. When I sold a few guitars last year, I phoned the music store to see if they had any boxes, and picked up appropriately sized boxes to ship out a few of my guitars in last year. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Grateful,
      Number Of The Pinhead [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

If that strikes out, check appliance stores. They usually get big, square stuff to sell.

Comment

I used the box from a roll of bubble wrap I bought at Sam's Club, it was the perfect size for my Astroverb.

Comment

Boxes that TVs and large computer monitors come in will work well too, so Wal-mart, Circuit City or Best Buy dumpsters could be great places to look also.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If that strikes out, check appliance stores. They usually get big, square stuff to sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit mine GIVES me boxes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I love it, I always call up and say "I need a large box, can I either come in and get it, or get one from your cardboard dumpster?" The guy recognized me after awhile and said one time "I just took a shit on top of every box you want dumpster boy...Just funnin ya, come on down".

Then I found out the guy was a musician, and knew exactly why I wanted a box [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X