Peavey Prowler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Prowler?

Thinking about buying the one on ebay tonight. Don't really need another amp, but having a practice size one would be nice, and the price is right. HC reviews are pretty good too. Peavey manual says "all-tube" but in the specs only mentions tubes in the poweramp section. so what can you tell me about it? Is it all tube or hybrid? thanks.

Re: Peavey Prowler?

Not sure about the Prowler, but a lot of Peavey amps had solid state preamps and tube power amps. I've got two Classic 50s like that, and just use a distortion pedal, although *some* of the amps have pretty rippin' distortion of their own. I had a solid state combo (forget what model) that packed 160 watts into a little 1x12, and sounded great playing with a full band. I sold it to a guy who has since started using it through a 4x12 cab as his gigging amp.

I'm of the opinion that with a good tube power amp, you can really get a nice tone with just a distortion pedal. I still have an `80s Rage 158 that sounds good with the gain pegged, and that's without tubes. I imagine a Prowler would be pretty sweet...and even better if it actually has a tube preamp too.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Peavey Prowler?

Did some lookin around, and it is indeed all tube. I think I'm gonna get it.

Comment

Working...
      X