Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 POD XT Live (or XT for that matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line 6 POD XT Live (or XT for that matter)

[ QUOTE ]
    patches people, patches! This thing is supposed to be here tomorrow!

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get it tomorrow, relax.... read the manual and START TWEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!
    I predict another modeling convert.

Comment

DeneB, DL those patches on that website I posted. If your into metal, ya might get a kick out of em, if not, well, you'll get an idea of how many tonal variations this thing is capable of. Just the heads up, I think some of em are made with the newer model packs, so ya might have to substitute an amp for it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        patches people, patches! This thing is supposed to be here tomorrow!

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get it tomorrow, relax.... read the manual and START TWEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!
        I predict another modeling convert.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind substituting an amp for some of the patches, as I've got no desire for paying 50$ yet.

Okay, this is a question (that undoubtedly I'll learn from reading the book (at work of course), but I maybe need to know. It sounds like for building your sounds, you pick an amp model, and then decide what you like. Now the question is this,

Let's say it models a Dual Rectifier. Does it just model the overdrive, or both the overdrive and the clean? Or would it be like, if I had a patch with the DR on, and I wanted clean, I couldn't just "click off" the distortion?

Another example (if the above isn't clear enough since I'm about stupid).

I'm using the SLO100 model. I'm using the signature SLO overdrive. I want clean channel...do I click off the distortion, or do I have to change to a "Roland Jazz Chorus" style setting?

Comment

I think they only have the distortion channels on those amps. For cleans they have a totally different set of amps. I guess the thinking was that those amps do distortion extremely well and their clean models do exactly that, clean tones, very well. But with so many different amp mods I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a good clean tone that you like, for me that actually came easier than tweaking the distorted mods. So pretty much, yah, your gonna have to switch to another amp for the clean tone unless you can roll of the DRIVE and PRESENCE to make clean tone and save that patch, but I haven't tried that to tell ya how good that sounds

Comment

It's in my city now, as we speak. It's probably getting loaded onto a truck, and then going to come here...watch those mother f-ers bring it whilst I go to work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm not looking to play on it before work, but I'd like to get the book out and take it to work with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

On the GT-6 it gives you every channel on almost every amp. For instance, the Dual Rectifier gives you the clean, vintage and modern. Same with the Marshall and the Matchless etc...
              What I do is pick a basic amp model. I then add a stomp box to it if it doesn't have enough gain and ghen I go for effects. For cleans I usually use a JC120 or Twin Reverb. The 59 Marshall Plexi clean is really good too. If you are using it live through an amp I would suggest turning off the cabinet modeling.

Comment

can this be used for the effects only? I' looking for a multi-effects unit and if this would work just for effects it could give the flexibility to use as modeler for direct PC recording when I can't crank the amp late at night and mic a cab.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

just turn off the amp button and then you can use it for just effects.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I use mine with an Atomic amp. I use it at all the small gigs and take it as back up for my vetta.

I would be lost with out it.

Comment

IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME! I've got some time before work! Omfg! YES!

Comment

Sweet! You're lucky. UPS doesn't make it to our street before 6pm...

Comment

Okay, I've got to play with it for just a few moments (I've got to go to work...fuckers)

Wow, some good sounds just through the head phones. The book is huge, which pisses me off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, there is a JCM 800 setting in there, that sounds EXACTLY like the 2210 I sold here awhile back.

Wow, people give me some ideas!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Okay, I've got to play with it for just a few moments (I've got to go to work...fuckers)

Wow, some good sounds just through the head phones. The book is huge, which pisses me off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, there is a JCM 800 setting in there, that sounds EXACTLY like the 2210 I sold here awhile back.

Wow, people give me some ideas!

[/ QUOTE ]

Modeling sucks, my suggestion is to get a real amp with tubes in it and forget about the modeling thing. Its just a fad anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't worry, half the book just shows you what amps they modelled after. I could tell ya how to start, but the fun dosen't start till you start editing with the PC. Like I said before, EVERYTHING is laid out right in front of you, and you won't have to figure out how to tweak something just using the unit. The EQ's are easier to work with on the PC too. Go to Line6.com and DL the Monkey program, Line 6 edit and Guitarport. When you get home tonight plug in the XT via USB an go nuts!

Comment

I dled Line 6 Monkey, Line 6 Edit V 2 something or other, and Guitar port, V2 something or other. Is there any particular order they need installed in? It looks like there is revisions and shit, will it work with my POD XT Live? I see there are drivers I can DL, should I?

What are you guys using to record into your computer with? It offers me Rifftracker...for 100$ freakin bucks! I want free dammit!

Comment

Working...
                                X