Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 POD XT Live (or XT for that matter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line 6 POD XT Live (or XT for that matter)

When I plug the damn thing into my computer, the computer sees it, but Line 6s software doesn't...dammit.

Comment

Okay, I think I got it working correctly.

Using the edit software, I can click on a saved setting from some folder (I guess it's just stock ones) and have them saved on the board. I saved a preset called "smashing" for the smashing pumpkins, in 17a. My first order of business, before deleting any of the other presets, is to save over these variax presets. The hell with that stupid guitar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've definately got to play with this damn thing for a long time.

Comment

Yah, takes a bit dude, this thing tests my patience some days, then is incredible when I finally find the tone I'm lookin for. I use Cool Edit to record with. I think NewC had a copy that is no longer made and made it available to DL for awhile. I know jack about recording since this is the first recoding device I ever had, but it's really easy with CoolEdit.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Yah, takes a bit dude, this thing tests my patience some days, then is incredible when I finally find the tone I'm lookin for. I use Cool Edit to record with. I think NewC had a copy that is no longer made and made it available to DL for awhile. I know jack about recording since this is the first recoding device I ever had, but it's really easy with CoolEdit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I was using my GT-6 for directo recording but I just picked up a Pandora PX4 that will take over that choir. It's tiny and doesn't take over my computer desk.

Comment

Yeah, let's just say, that I'm going to have to practice some zen shit to make it so I don't go off and kill someone while doing this.

Then I read something...the patches I make into my headphone...are going to sound totally different live. Now I expected that, but then I read on this page (here's the reader's digest version).

You hear shit.
            You hear shit at a certain range better.
            THe other shit has to be louder to be heard, even with the other stuff, at NORMAL range. Sometimes even 10-100 times louder to be heard.
            The level of increase you need, say in the living room, is substantially MORE than you need on stage. You're in your living room, sounds good, go on stage, too much on the highs and lows.

That's going to piss me off, when I sit and adjust everything ever so slightly, to have to redo it on stage again.

This is one thing for sure, if you use a modeler, and you've got good tones, you've got A LOT of freaking patience.

Comment

Oh hell yah. I've got 2 sets of patches I'm workin on, live settings, & recordings (few different tones on each, not just one). Gotta do a rhythm and lead for each. Fuck this, I'm going back to my 5150... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Oh yah, then I gotta redo em once I get my VHT too

Comment

Yeah, just for a few minutes, I wanted to see the differences, so I did this,

Into my 24 channel EV mixer, into the power amp, into 2 15 inch drivers.

Into my Peavey 400 power amp, into my Marshall 4x12s.

Into my Mesa infront of the amp.

Into my line 6 infront of the amp.

Wow, some settings sound like total shit. Then others, that sounded good, sound good still...but still sound way different. Then on top of that, the volume levels are retarded. I've got this awesome JCM800 sound, but then I try and do a Mesa sound, and it's like half the volume, with the volume turned up all the way (treadplate dual sound).

GRRRRR

Comment

I think it actually saves the volume also, so gonna tweak for that too. Do you use the OUTPUT MODE System on the XT when you changed those different setups? Makes a big difference in the tone, but I don't even use the right ones when I'm connected to em, I use whatever sounds good for that setting

Comment

Are you using cabinet modeling??? If so.. stop.
                    Yes, every patch must be saved at the volume you will be playing it at. I set all my live patches at the approx. volume level I will be using them at.
                    Relax bro, it hasn't even been 24 hours. I have been messing with a GT-6 for almost 2 years now. I still have alot to learn. Consider it like a laptop. When you first start using it its pretty much useless until you get to know it and load in all the applications that you need. The more you use it the more you will need it and the more it will benefit you.
                    When you plug it into a guitar amp go through the effects return only. That would be:
                    left (mono out) ---------- Effects return on your amp.
                    This way you bypass the entire preamp and EQ section of your guitar amp. I think the most important thing though to get a great real high gain amp sound was to turn the cabinet modeling off on every patch except for the clean ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X