Modeling, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeling, need advice

I'm thinking of buying either a GT-6 or XT Live. From what I read here they both sound like quality products.

What I want to know is what do you guys think about running them into a regular tube amp (JCM800) rather than a power amp. This will be for live gigs. Does this make sense at all or should I just stick to my pedals...

Re: Modeling, need advice

If you need a variety of different tones, I would look into buying one. Now, if your going to run it in front of your amp, the tone will be a Marshall tone with whatever you put on top of it, which really dosen't make sense. But in the quest for a more unique and better tone, it might do something. Now if you were to use it in the effects loop, it might be more useful, but then might as well just hook it up to a power amp. All depends on what tones your going for, if it's for effects ya wanna use it for, I'd just stick to your pedals. For what these units do your money might be better spent on something else, such as a G Major maybe (Not big on effects, so can't name an FX processor off the top of my head, but I heard T.C. Electronics made a new one that looks badass, but costs around $1500)

Comment

I was thinking of using it more for the amp modeling (already have effects). I'll probably run it through a clean Marshall Plexi which will won't completely define the tone (Plexi basically acting as a power amp). thanks

Comment

They sound best through a stereo power amp They also sound good going through tht effects return of a guitar amp. Lastly, they sound good going through the input of a tube guitar amp providing the signal is very clean.

Comment

Working...
        X