What amp would you bring??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What amp would you bring??

I'd say the MKIII, I play in a MA cover band and the young original bands are very annoying and agressive. I've got a great lead guy and some little original punk walked in and started giving him sh*t about what a useless guitarist he is right after he nailed the "Miricle Man" (Ozzy) solo.
    Even though you are doing 80's covers, the MKIII should make them understand who's boss!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'd say the MKIII, I play in a MA cover band and the young original bands are very annoying and agressive. I've got a great lead guy and some little original punk walked in and started giving him sh*t about what a useless guitarist he is right after he nailed the "Miricle Man" (Ozzy) solo.
      Even though you are doing 80's covers, the MKIII should make them understand who's boss!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said... My thoughts exactly.

Comment

At 43, you've got to be thinking about what's easiest to carry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III Mark III

Now that you know how I feel!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dude, you have never used that head at a gig. Bring it (with the 4x12)and lets blow the roof off that place and be done with it. Then you can bring it home, put it back in the closet and go back to the safety and reliability of the modeling rig.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

mk3

Comment

Allow me to quote your own hyper-bole posted here the other day:

[ QUOTE ]
              This combination is totally 100% killer. It sounds great, it is great. This system kills. I should know. I have been slaying audiences and fellow bandmates for close to 30 years. We had a gig this past friday and as expected my guitar tone was just outstanding.

Yadda yadda yadda...you have a live rig that is road worthy, versatile, sounds great, can be set up and be ready to go in around 5 minutes and be able to cut through ANY mix that most of us will ever be a part of...blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it even a question? With statements like those, there shouldn't be any doubt...your modeling rig is the best thing since canned beer. You just said so!
              Hell, tubes suck!

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

jonh! take the boogie!

best thign ever! you will realy kill themmm with the amp! :headb:g
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Allow me to quote your own hyper-bole posted here the other day:

[ QUOTE ]
                  This combination is totally 100% killer. It sounds great, it is great. This system kills. I should know. I have been slaying audiences and fellow bandmates for close to 30 years. We had a gig this past friday and as expected my guitar tone was just outstanding.

Yadda yadda yadda...you have a live rig that is road worthy, versatile, sounds great, can be set up and be ready to go in around 5 minutes and be able to cut through ANY mix that most of us will ever be a part of...blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it even a question? With statements like those, there shouldn't be any doubt...your modeling rig is the best thing since canned beer. You just said so!
                  Hell, tubes suck!

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck, the voice of reason. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

If someone told me, my Line 6 POD, or my Mesa, it would be the Mesa. (then again I don't know how to work my Line 6)

By the way, why is this even an option? Everyone knows that, pshhhhh modeling sucks! :P

Comment

flip a coin

Comment

I'm gonna A/B the 2 rigs tonight and even though my rack system is killer I am leaning towards the Mark III. The main reason being that this gig will be one of the few chances I will have to use it live. When we do our own gigs I need way too many sounds, patches, effects etc...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Details:
                          MA metal bands are usually hardcore, loud and fairly pissed off that they live in MA.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

John, I know you haven't tried the mkIII at a gig yet but have you at least played it with the whole band at practice? Because (and I'm sure you know this already) it's going to be a lot different than jamming on it in your basement and you might have to do some quick adjustments. Will you guys get a soundcheck? The plus of the GT6 rig is you've played out with it and it's ready to go.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              John, I know you haven't tried the mkIII at a gig yet but have you at least played it with the whole band at practice? Because (and I'm sure you know this already) it's going to be a lot different than jamming on it in your basement and you might have to do some quick adjustments. Will you guys get a soundcheck? The plus of the GT6 rig is you've played out with it and it's ready to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

To answer your questions:
                              I have never played the Mark III with my band but I have had it crazy loud at home. Holy crap is this amp loud.
                              I don't believe we will have a soundcheck. We have 15 minutes to get on the stage, set up and start playing.
                              I think I can handle the adjustments that might need to be made on the Mark III when we get there but that is the main reason I have reservations. I have to set up pedals and stuff like that. I am going to try a mock live scenario tonight when I get home. I'll try to set up the rig and get it ready to start in 15 minutes. If I can't pull it off I will just bring my rack system and be done with it. I can have that rig ready to go in around 5 minutes.
                              I hope I can pull it off with the Mark III because I really want to try it out live and loud. I am also looking forward to totally decimating Jim's wimpy 50w Single Rectifier. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Just kidding Jim. You and your rig ROCK [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, that's MY old 50w Single Recto - I know it's not wimpy! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Well good luck which ever way you go; you and Jim have yourselves a kick-ass show!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                                X