What amp would you bring??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What amp would you bring??

Yea, Jim thinks its the shit with its diamond plating and everything but that Single Rectifier is a wimp ass. It is really light and it doesn't even have a giant fan in it.
    My Mark III is also diamond plated, but the head weighs a ton and it has a huge fan in it that sounds like a jet is taking off when I first turn in on. He is going to get stomped tomorrow night. NOT!!!!!!!! I love that Single Rectifier. It SCREAMS bigtime.

Comment

Rectifier for the win! Mesa for the win! Modeling sucks :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Rectifier for the win! Mesa for the win! Modeling sucks :P

[/ QUOTE ]
        I just hope that the other bands don't see my Boss GT-6 and rack system behind my Mark III with all the cables plugged into it.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If they laugh - turn up the MkIII to 6. See if they think tininitus and nerve damage are funny.
          [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'd bring whatever I was most comfortable with. Personally, I could give a rat's ass what my rig looked like, but that's just me. Let em say what they want when you set up, then kick their ass with your playing.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

that pretty much sums up how I feel about it..whatever will get the job done covering the sounds I want for the material I'm doing that I feel most comfortable playing on. I often put appearance as secondary unless it's a showcase type senario. Bring your best sounding setup that allows you the freedom to play the stuff well and your backup.

Comment

The Mark III wins. Its all packed up and ready to go.

Comment

I think it;s the best idea John. Take it out and stretch it's legs a little. I just got done tweaking my G-major for tomorrow. It sounds pretty stellar with the rectifier I must say so myself. You know, that may be an answer to your modeling vs tube head debate. The g-major is flexible enough to cover all the effects (all programmable into patches controlled by a midi foot controller) you are using in the GT-6 (except a wah). So you get all the effects with the awesome crunch of the Mark III. Sure you can't get the modeling stuff, but this is more of a compromise between the two.

I'll enlighten you with my awsome tone tomorrow night. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Yeah, and Samben, you're forgetting one thing, Modeling sucks, so he doesn't need to use that :P

I may have to see how a Gmajor runs through my Mesa if I can't ever figure out this POD.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yeah, and Samben, you're forgetting one thing, Modeling sucks, so he doesn't need to use that :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew I forgot something in there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

G-major + Mesa (insert model here) = Great cover band rig
                    I'm telling you, it's the best of both worlds.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X