SansAmp PSA-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SansAmp PSA-1

Have any of you guys owned or had any experience with a Sansamp PSA-1?

If so, what are your thoughts on them? I would be using it for both live and studio use.

For those of you that have owned one, what poweramp did you use with it? They seem to recommend solid-states.

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: SansAmp PSA-1

SansAmp stuff is awesome!! I've not played the PSA-1, but I'm sure John (Cleveland Metal) will be along with his review on it.
    I've got a SansAmp Tri-AC pedal and love it, use it in my living room rig 1x12 cab with a Carvin DCM150 power amp that is solid state.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree with toejam on the Tri-AC. I also have one, and it's terrific for recording. Great back-up for a gig, too. If everything turns to shit, you can always run it through the PA.

I like the Boogie tone better than Marshall, and the Fender is a very nice clean. The PSA-1 is probably even nicer.

It sounded good running though my Laney (set to clean, of course). If you can find some of the old TubeWorks power amps, they do a really nice job and are very afforable and rugged.

Comment

The PSA-1 is awesome. I had one for a long time (sold it when I moved more toward recording with real amps) and used it extensively. Lots of great tones to be had, there are more ways to tweak your drive sounds than you can shake a stick at. The only downside is that it can be little time consuming to tweak exactly the sound you want (because of all the options). The bass sounds on it are also awesome. Great tool.

Comment

i posted a review some time ago. just use the search function
          but to sum it up, it's great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X