Crate Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crate Amps

BTW, lets not forget, MUCH of your "tone" comes from your own hands...

Many people have bought rigs painstakingly trying to emulate their "guitar gods", alas to no avail. Plug it in, turn it up (if thats your thing... its mine, personally) and see whats what.
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I enjoyed my Blue Voodoo very much. My neighbors didn't care for it, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I also have a Line 6 XT Live. Haven't tried to use it live, but it does sound sweet through an effects loop. I mention this because Denab mentioned early on he was impressed by Line 6. I bought it for recording mostly at first, but we'll see if she can hold up live or at least in full blown rehearsal... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Maybe I'll run one BV120 straight and the other with the XT Live. BTW my Peavy Ultra 60 also kicks some fair ass. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

Park vs Marshall

[/ QUOTE ]
          Park IS Marshall... as is Vox, Parker Fly and Korg. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, and Lexus is Toyota and Lamborgini is Ford.

Comment

Lamborgini is Ford? Hell, learn something new everyday.

Honda=Acura. The only 2 names you need to know :P

I guess I've got shitty tone...I've got a PRS and a Rectifier.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I also dont have thousands to spend on sound processing because the famous rectifier players you may mention have tons of processing with the amp- tremonti, petrucci, etc etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Tremonti only uses a little bit of delay and reverb for leads and clean sounds.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

tremonti also uses a GForce, which Im sure theres something more to than just adding delay and reverb. He also beefs it up with an uberschall for some low end..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lamborgini is either Ford or Chrysler. I am pretty sure it is Ford.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lamborgini is either Ford or Chrysler. I am pretty sure it is Ford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chrysler used to own Lambo, but not anymore. Don't know who owns them now.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I recently bought one of the Crate VC amps.

It was the V16, the new Palomino series which basically is the special guitar center version of the VC15.

I have to say this is a very nice sounding amp. It seems to be built fairly well, but time will tell.

DRH

Comment

As I stated in another post btw, for the Crate-haters, much of your tone comes from your fingers, esp when playing solo's.

In my opinion, if your feel comfortable with a sound, you tend to loosen up and actually "play" the instrument rather than just pick the strings. This definitely comes thru in ones playing.

A guy from here in Toledo, (kinda semi-famous amongst musicians) known as Jeff Kollman, used to give lessons here in town. When I started playing I took a few lessons. My gear was shite, my guitar was shite, and he played on it and made it sound like a killer rig. I had a BC Rich NJ Mockingbird>old Tranor Bloc amp, with a crappy dist pedal.

Well, he had no prob making it sound supreme.

Point? play thru something that makes you feel good and want to play. If its semi-decent gear, it will sound good.

Comment

Sure, but your hands aren't going to turn a fender twin into an uberschall... the gear has to at least be in the ballpark.

Pete

Comment

Hence my saying, if its semi decent gear. We'll just assume that when you listen to it, you dont say to yourself, "god, this sounds like complete shit"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              As I stated in another post btw, for the Crate-haters, much of your tone comes from your fingers, esp when playing solo's.

In my opinion, if your feel comfortable with a sound, you tend to loosen up and actually "play" the instrument rather than just pick the strings. This definitely comes thru in ones playing.

A guy from here in Toledo, (kinda semi-famous amongst musicians) known as Jeff Kollman, used to give lessons here in town. When I started playing I took a few lessons. My gear was shite, my guitar was shite, and he played on it and made it sound like a killer rig. I had a BC Rich NJ Mockingbird>old Tranor Bloc amp, with a crappy dist pedal.

Well, he had no prob making it sound supreme.

Point? play thru something that makes you feel good and want to play. If its semi-decent gear, it will sound good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right, tone does come from your fingers. With that said, I am off to audition for a death metal band. I am bringing my Fender Twin Reverb. I hope I get the job.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Hence my saying, if its semi decent gear. We'll just assume that when you listen to it, you dont say to yourself, "god, this sounds like complete shit"

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying a Fender Twin isn't decent gear? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X