B-52 Amplifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-52 Amplifiers

Does anybody have an opinion or have used/played through one?
    I've got a Stealth Series 2x12 on the way, and was just curious on any reviews.

Re: B-52 Amplifiers

let us know what you think about it when you get it.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well, I tried the half stack at guitar center and it was very full, nice bite to it, almost Mesa sounding, I would think the 2x12 would be close. I'm supposed to pick it up Friday, so I'll let you know next week.

Comment

I have the AT100. It's similar to the ST100, but is true 3 channel, rather than two channel with an extra volume knob. It does sound very much like a Recto, but it took me a while to get to that point. The EQ settings that work are totally wacked out compared to what most amps sound good set to. I use the tube AB rectifier setting. If you like bottom end, these things deliver in spades. They have a bass resonance knob that I have set at 1!!! Anything higher would probably make my house fall down.

The bottom line though, is that they are a fantastic amp for the money, but they could be better.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My friend plays through the SS version of the head, the yellow and black one, forgot the model, but it's 100 watts. For the $, the damn thing sounds awsome. I describe it as what they old Randalls sounded like. The way he's got it set up (not sure what pedals, if any he has in front) but it's got a very crunchy tone, old Metallica style almost. I heard very good things bout their tube heads also, and they are suppose to be much better.

Comment

No idea what model # I have, but I have a 400 watt 4x12 B52 cab. Bought new, plugged in to my head and guitar,... walked out with said cab.

I love it, I dont come close to pushing it with a 50 watt head, the planets even aligned for me.

So, cabs=imo, great
            heads=havent tried one yet.
            www.myspace.com/madeaband
            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Yes tseegert, I've done the same with the ST series 4x12, it came with V30s it sounded great compared to a Marshall JCM cab.
              Thanks for your comments zeegler, & IrfaanSE801.

Comment

yes i have a 4X12 B-52 and a boogie traditional cab. to be honest, playing through both cabs run together they are EXTREMELY similar in sound. The B-52 for the money is an Excellent cab. If it werent for the Mesa's built quality i wouldnt keep it. I reccomend the cab to ANYONE

Comment

Working...
                X