Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Pitbull 45 - good or bad?

Guys,
    A store over here has a used 2x12 VHT Pitbull 45 for sale at a sensible price - Unfortunately the store is the other side of the country so I'd be getting it mail order.

Has anyone used or got one of these amps? I'd just like an an idea of gain, tone, volume etc.....

Thanks
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: VHT Pitbull 45 - good or bad?

I had a VHT Pitbull 45 Head for a few months.

Two channel, very flexable amp with switchable loops, boosts and such.

The clean channel was excellent. The overdrive channel sounded...good, but un-inspiring. It was ok, but frankly left me flat. I needed a boost to get really heavy with it, but that's not what it was built for.

Nice amp but I wasn't blown away.

Comment

I had a VHT 2x12 combo that was one of their lower gain models, like the 45. They're super tight sounding but if you're looking for a lot of saturation, forget about it.

Comment

Thanks for that guys - I thought VHTs were more of a high gain amp, so you've saved me some money!
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

VHT`s are very high gain if you get a CLX 100 or Ultra Lead 100, they`ll blow your hair back, but not the 45. Jack.

Comment

right...the 45 is more of a blues type amp. I have a 50 CL and although its not a super hi gain, it has more than enough gain for the tyype of music that i play....rhoads, lynch..malmsteen..vh etc....
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

When I was amp shopping 5 years ago I tried out a EL84 Pitbull 45 head. I didn't like it. I ended up with a Carvin legacy instead, and am still happy with it 5 years later.

Comment

Working...
              X