Anyone played a jcm800 2205?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone played a jcm800 2205?

Johnny, if you MUST have a Marshall, keep an eye out for the Jubilee head that switches from 50 to 25 watts. That's a pretty solid amp that sounds beautiful.

If you're looking for crunch and reasonable volume, I just picked up a THD Univalve. It's exactly loud enough for gigging at small and medium venues when it's dimed with a 6L6 output tube.

Comment

now THAT sounds nice!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Johnny, if you MUST have a Marshall, keep an eye out for the Jubilee head that switches from 50 to 25 watts. That's a pretty solid amp that sounds beautiful.

If you're looking for crunch and reasonable volume, I just picked up a THD Univalve. It's exactly loud enough for gigging at small and medium venues when it's dimed with a 6L6 output tube.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought about a Jubilee.I'll read a little about them.
        I actually have an Emery Sound Superbaby thats really cool to play with. Its similar to the univalve and sounds great. I just like amps as much as guitars and its cool to try out differant stuff for sure!!
        Thanks for the info..
        Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

The Silver Jubilee kills.

Comment

I think that is what the slash model is designed after..

I never played a slash model...but he used those silver jubilees...until they made his model.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

bill, you can't compare a 1000$ marshall TSL to a six gazillion $$$$ bogner....hell, you can't even compare it to a 1500$ engl [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              but still, for the price, it's a GREAT amp. sound actually quite the haunted-ish.
              by the way, i DO however say (after tonights band practice) that the lead channel is pretty much useless for rhythm playing. the crunch is great though. period.

Comment

No problem, Johnny. I'm the same way about amps...in fact, I think they fascinate me even more than guitars!

Comment

I had a dsl..all I could say is that John and I "the tweak miesters" couldn't coax a single cool sound out of it...it was brand new..and it sounded like total ass...and not just mine..we had another friend who owned one...sounded the same...like a flatulent fuzzy ass..

all we could say is..."get this piece of shit the fuck outta here"...and I quote!!! [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

we could not sell it fast enough...I swear it was the WORST amp head that we ever had in our posession in 25 years...and we had many amps from $200 Randall RG80s..to VHT , 5150s , Lee Jacksons , Mrk IIIs and boatoads of real Marshalls to Ubers...and everything in between..including a Tube Crate!!!

It was hands down the worst amp we ever tried and owned...and THAT is a big fat ass period! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

It was a big inside joke at our local GC...because we know the manager and he even said he never heard such crap coming from something with a Marshall logo slapped on it...oh yeah it looks like a Marshall , It smells like a marshall...but THAT crap ain't no Marshall...hell NO! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that is a 100% FDA bonerfied peice of poop!

if you have a dsl/tsl ..please sell it...do yourself a favor and buy ANTYTHING else...anything! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

or don't ...we want other people to sound like crap...just makes us sound that much better!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

John will back me up on this one...oh yeah.... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

You dont have to spend Uber cash to get a good amp though...

There are lotsa amps that sound better than marshall DSL etc, that are priced around the same. Not like new Marshalls are cheap ya know. ENGL Fireballs aren't much higher and are ripping. 5150s, Laneys, also come to mind.

I'd send someone to line 6 land before advising them on anew marshall.

I have played/owned a lot of post 800 marshalls and they were all sort crapful. 900s were usable sorta with help fromprocessors, but the later amps were horrid. The DSL we had here was a TRUE bummer. Best sound we got out of it was using it clean and running a KORG DS-104 Distortion through it.

Aside from the iffy tone, they are built pretty shabbily as well. But, I have talked on this subject too many times. They are just pricey crap.

Buy an ENGL Fireball or maybe a 5150.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'd send someone to line 6 land before advising them on anew marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

*!* Yow. How do you really feel, John? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Hehe, at least "some" people sound pretty good with Line 6 stuff.

Comment

yeah...we mean that....at least we can sound "decent" with a line 6...we could at least play riffs that resemble.."metal" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I can't sound good on a line 6, or a MESA for that matter. But some people here can, hahaha....

Comment

Horns,So let Me get this straight,You dont like DSL's ?

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                              Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Well, "don't like" would be an understatement, hehehe...

Comment

Working...
                                X