Any love for the GT-6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love for the GT-6?

If not, I've got enough for everybody! This is the only processor I like more the longer I own it. I've had it a couple months now, and it just keeps getting better and better. Who else uses/abuses one of these bad boys?

Re: Any love for the GT-6?

I've had mine for three years now. I don't have much time to devote towards tweaking it, but I've found very usable sounds out of it, and it sounds HUGE when I plug it into the effects return of my Mesa DC-2 as recommended by Jgcable. That's the only reason I'm keeping that amp, to be paired with the GT-6!

Comment

I'm glad to hear it sounds good combined with a tube power amp (essentially what you're doing with the DC-2). Ultimately, I intend to mate mine with a power amp/4X12 setup.

The only thing I dislike is how lacking the noise gate is. It's better than that on most DigiTech and Zoom devices, but given the quality of everything else, it's kind of a let down. Oh well... I'll just toss an NS-2 in the effects loop and be happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm glad to hear it sounds good combined with a tube power amp (essentially what you're doing with the DC-2). Ultimately, I intend to mate mine with a power amp/4X12 setup.

Mine is completely silent using the onboard noise gate. I run my GT-6 through a Carvin T-100 Stereo tube poweramp into stereo cabinets. My sound is good. Real good. The global EQ on the GT-6 is the best when you need to tweak your sound for different venues.

The only thing I dislike is how lacking the noise gate is. It's better than that on most DigiTech and Zoom devices, but given the quality of everything else, it's kind of a let down. Oh well... I'll just toss an NS-2 in the effects loop and be happy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Much love for the GT-6 here. It impresses me and others everytime I gig with it. I just had a long session with a band in NJ and my GT-6 came through again. Its a great box.

Mine is completely silent using the onboard noise gate. I run my GT-6 through a Carvin T-100 Stereo tube poweramp into stereo cabinets. My sound is good. Real good. The global EQ on the GT-6 is the best when you need to tweak your sound for different venues.

Comment

Ohhhhh, so THAT'S what that global EQ feature can be used for. Jeez. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I REALLY need to join a GT-6 forum because I'm struggling on my own. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Which one are you signed up at, good sir? My guitar teacher is a monster with the GT-6 but I haven't taken lessons with him for a while now, and you sound like you have the same fantastic rein over the machine as he does. So, I need a message board to learn from now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Out of curiosity, is there any other way to download patches to the GT-6 BESIDES using the MIDI jacks? Say, with a regular quarter inch guitar cable or something? Those are all I have. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a gt-6 and switched to the gmajor. I thought the gt-6 when running via fx loop shaded my tone a little. However, my gmajor was down for a couple of week so I went back to my gt-6 and now I having second thoughts. Although, I hear that BOSS delived a gt-pro which is a rack mountable version of the gt-6....

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have a gt-6 and switched to the gmajor. I thought the gt-6 when running via fx loop shaded my tone a little. However, my gmajor was down for a couple of week so I went back to my gt-6 and now I having second thoughts. Although, I hear that BOSS delived a gt-pro which is a rack mountable version of the gt-6....

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use the GT-6 as an effects processor. I use it for everything, amp modeling, effects and occassionly cabinet modeling.
                The only way to upload patches is via midi or direct GT-6 to GT-6. The global EQ is the best feature of the GT-6. Set your patches and at the gig if you feel you have too much bottom or top you can adjust the EQ on the fly. You can also adjust the global noise gate and the global reverb. You can also stack effects which is a GREAT feature.

Comment

jgcable,
                  I have a GT-5, that I ran with my Mesa Nomad 55, the 4-cable method. (Through the effects loop.)
                  I sold the Mesa, and now got a JCM 800 MkII 50w.
                  Can I still use it without an effects loop?
                  I just want to use the effects on it.
                  Finn

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    jgcable,
                    I have a GT-5, that I ran with my Mesa Nomad 55, the 4-cable method. (Through the effects loop.)
                    I sold the Mesa, and now got a JCM 800 MkII 50w.
                    Can I still use it without an effects loop?
                    I just want to use the effects on it.
                    Finn

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use it but I don't like the way it sounds for effects only in front of an amp. It sounds best as an effects processor when inserted in the loop.

Comment

Yea, thats what I thought.
                      I'll just use my pedals then.
                      The only pedal, time based effects I have are a:
                      Boss Chorus CE-2 and DD-3.
                      So would a:
                      Guitar - TU-2tuner - WAh - Dis - GE7 - DD3 - Chorus CE2
                      be the right order?

Comment

I use the GT-8 when I have to fly and I can't bring my big rig. It sounds great through a stereo poweramp with 2 2x12 or 2 4x12 cabinets. The best forum I found for the GT series is http://www.bossgtcentral.com/index.php
                        Screamin'

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yea, thats what I thought.
                          I'll just use my pedals then.
                          The only pedal, time based effects I have are a:
                          Boss Chorus CE-2 and DD-3.
                          So would a:
                          Guitar - TU-2tuner - WAh - Dis - GE7 - DD3 - Chorus CE2
                          be the right order?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, that would work. Unfortunately, the DD3 doesn't sound that great in front of an amp but if you tweak it enough you can get by.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I use the GT-8 when I have to fly and I can't bring my big rig. It sounds great through a stereo poweramp with 2 2x12 or 2 4x12 cabinets. The best forum I found for the GT series is http://www.bossgtcentral.com/index.php
                            Screamin'

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned almost everything about my GT-6 from GT Central. There are some serious users there. They know their shit for sure.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X