Fuse for Laney AOR 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse for Laney AOR 100

Can someone tell me what size/type fuse goes in the bottom fuse holder that I have the cap off of on this head and any reason why it may have blown?

Thanks

Re: Fuse for Laney AOR 100

looks like a 5amp-it should say on the side endcap of the one you removed. (I can check mine to see what specifically it is when I'm at home as I'm at work)

Causes; could be a voltage spike, a tube going bad, a cold solder joint came loose or is loosening, a bad part like a tranny.

Comment

Alot of times when the power fuse blows on the power feed of an amp it is a shorted rectifier diode, but as others have said it could be other things. I would start at the rectifier though, or sell me the amp cheap! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

FYI, more than likely you should be able to get a replacement at the local radio shack. Look on the blown fuse and make sure whether or not it's a slo blow fuse... you want to replace it with an IDENTICAL fuse - rating and type. Don't get something that's close, make sure it's the same. If you can't read the fuse, take it with you and pray that the drone at the radio shack actually knows what a fuse is...

Pete

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but how can I tell if it is a slow blow or not?

Comment

It should be written on the fuse.

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X