Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best replacement tubes for my JMP-1 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best replacement tubes for my JMP-1 please?

The tubes in my JMP-1 are tired sounding and need to be replaced. They are Sovtek's and I am not sure if they are the originals that came with the unit.

Nevertheless i am looking for a better and higher gain tube so I could really use some suggestions as to what to buy please.

Re: Best replacement tubes for my JMP-1 please?

How much you want to spend? You could go NOS, but that probably would be impractical.

The GT Mullard clones and JJ tubes seem to be OK for new stuff. Bob at Eurotubes can pick out some high gain JJ's if you want.

Comment

I tried a nice EH high gain tube 12ax7 in mine and it was too flatulent or loose sounding. It lost what little charm it had with a high gainer it seemed.

I went back to chinese "cheese grater getter" tubes and it sounded best with them really.

Comment

dude I replaced my sovteks 12ax7s with a sovtek 12ax7x w...I can't remember which...

and i really gave it more life and definiton and most impotantly crunch!!

I love my JMP-1...but I run it with my 9200 monoblock w 5881's..all my buds had that el34 version and there was no comparison..the 5881 version is much more ballsy and has a tighter low end...the el34 are very midrangy..and honk like a car horn when pushed.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

9th generation chinese.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            really gave it more life and definiton and most impotantly crunch!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Impotent crunch, hahahaha...

Comment

Working...
            X