roland micro cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: roland micro cube

whats the difference from the micro cube to the cube 30? Just size and wattage?
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The 30 has two additional amp models, is footswitch capable and has three eq knobs instead of two.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Plus, the Micro Cube will run on batteries, which is a nice feature. I'm almost certain the 30 won't. The Micro Cube also has a "tuning fork" tone generator (can be set to A or Ab), which is nice for a quick tuning reference. I don't know if the 30 has that or not.

Comment

just thought I'd bump this again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I got myself one a couple of days ago, and it's lovely!!
          and concerning the tuning fork; it can do Abb as well!! very nice idea!!

I like it's sounds and just had a small jam with batteries on my balkon yesterday, and it just sounded like plugged to the net. no difference there. great feature!!!

and it is THAT small with regard to its awesome sound!!
          it fits any backpack for sure and is the first amp I owned that I actually love to carry around... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and it looks just brutal in some way. should have called this "micro cute" instead.
          I think I'm gonna get a combo stand for mine to lift it from the ground... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

but highly recommendable!!
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

A great little amp! I love mine to bits. I'd trade the "tuning fork" for a bit more control over the f/x and EQ though. Just switch the amp mode to the Vox model, max out the delay, wind ev'rything up full and WAIL! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Another note, it's very quiet. Even though they don't say, I believe it has built in noise gate.
              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I got one last christmas from my girlfriend. They sound pretty damn good for what they are!

Comment

They are Made In China
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I was going to buy one, but I bought the spider instead. I played the little fucker, for about 5 hours at the music store, was a lot of fun.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      They are Made In China

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Meaning?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        They are Made In China

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron, I appreciate the sentiment, but so are your sneakers, shirts, CD players, DVD players, AV equipment + almost anything at Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Our government sold out to big corporate importers a long time ago. Not saying this is characteristically Republican cause the Clinton administration did the same thing, but BushCo just recently pushed/signed a bill allowing Home Depot, specifically, to make it easier for them to import Chinese goods with mimized (or no?) tariffs. Unfortunately, almost every strata of U.S. population is addicted to the super store and their unfettered ability to import cheap goods at the expense of domestic manufacturing and your neighborhood retail store.

Not saying I'm against free international markets, but it's not really fair when our manufacturing have to comply with reasonable environmental and labor laws while our foreign competitors do not.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

You gotta love the Cube!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I went to GC this morning to buy some strings and I saw the cube sitting there. I grabbed a DK2 off the wall and plugged in. I now have it sitting in my bedroom. Awesome little amp.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Can't wait til tomorrow... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Hear the universe scream
                              Bleeding from black holes
                              Whom horns careless
                              And whom God mourns

Comment

I personally think that Roland's Microcube, Cube 15 etc. are one of the worst sounding amps ever made IMO.
                                I couldn't get a decent tone at all out of them. My friend has a one, I experimented many hours with it, it just sucks ass. I tried the ones that were in the music store, same thing, they all suck ass. The reverb and the delay on it are the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Also I couldn't use any pedals with it, the cube sucked all the tone out of the pedals.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X