Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I (Laney AOR for 230 euros shipped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I (Laney AOR for 230 euros shipped)

Well you hear me... I can get my hands on a Laney AOR for 230 euros. I don't know all its specs yet, I've just PMed the guy (really nice and helpful). Is it overpriced? Keep in mind that's including shipping from England to Amsterdam (uninsured, but that's all I can afford for now... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Re: Should I (Laney AOR for 230 euros shipped)

Take a look at my reply on the HC forum.

That's a very good price as long as it doesn't have too many issues. I'm not sure why it's wood - they come blacked out.

Ask what type of speaker as well. Mine had been replaced - should be a Fane.

Comment

350 more, for a MB Mk IIB in Holland. I'd quit buying the lower grade stuff, personally.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        350 more, for a MB Mk IIB in Holland. I'd quit buying the lower grade stuff, personally.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Why would I want a Mesa Boogie and where in hell would I find 350 euros dude? That's 3 years' worth of birthdays and such man. Without a job... impossible. That AOR is tube, sounds good and like I want it to from what I hear, and costs the same as a decent peavey or Line 6.

Comment

Get a job! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I try but without speaking Dutch... eh let's not go there. Let's just say that out of the 10 CVs I could get and the 3 job agencies I contacted, I got nothing. If there was more I could do, I would. So instead I am taking care of a cat for friends [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Doing the dishes or something at a restaurant doesn't take any knowledge of Dutch. I've worked with someone from Denmark and with someone from Italy before, neither spoke Dutch or French.

To come to the topic again, I think it's better to save up for something be all, end all now than to put the same amount of money into lesser gear and come to the point where you realize you've spent more money on mediocre stuff than you would have on the bee's kneez.

Comment

But it's not a lot of money. It's just the most I can afford for now. Sure I'll want something better and I'm conscious of that, but I'll always want something better, I'll constantly upgrade. That one's a nice occasion for me I think, and it corresponds to what I want. I've never heard the Mesa and I don't know if it'll bring me close to the sound I want, I'm pretty sure the AOR will and it's way cheaper.
                No luck at restaurants either. Hell even the Albert Heijn didn't have a job for me... and yet there's no need for Dutch to stach shelves either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive got one, it kicks ass.

I say get it, so you can have a nice amp to play until you can upgrade to something really amazing.

What are you playing on now?

Comment

POD 2.0 to the hi fi here in Amsterdam, and that same POD to a Peavey Envoy in Edinburgh.
                    Not a 'bad' rig by any means. I'm just a gear whore [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

W00t guess what I just bought [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I loved my AOR when I was 17. I went crazy for it in the store, so the jag-off shop owner soaked me for $1250. What did I know? It was the 1st Laney that I ever saw...there went the hard earned money I made cleaning a bakery after school.

Comment

Ah, yeah.

Rule # 1 of gear shopping = dont look too interested [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I forget that one all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What was a "reasonable" price for them back in the day? Kinda sad that they only sell for about $300 now.

Comment

I just got mine for $320 shipped on ebay. When I picked up a speaker cab from jgcable today, he said the heads went for $800 when they first came out. I can't wait to get home and play through it.

Comment

Working...
                            X