Rack guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack guys....

What do you guys normally use for rack cases? I have an Engl 530, Furman PL8, Mesa 2:100, and a TC G-Major in a no name rack right now, and I'm not real pleased with how the case handles the weight. My guess its around 50lbs or so. I want something that is relatively light, but yet strong enough to hold the weight of the 2:100 poweramp. And I'm not against splitting things up into two racks. What do you guys use and why? What sort of weight do you think are in them?

Re: Rack guys....

Anvil 4 space - weighs about 5 lbs at most when empty. Aluminum flanges and corners and edge braces.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, Anvil, Calzone etc... Nice to have shock stuff, but if you're nice to your stuff when carting, you can do "ok" without it.

Comment

If you don't want shock mounts and their heaviness, Anvil or SKB make decent light weight cases.

Comment

I have done close to 1000 shows with this rack system. I was hesitant to usa a non shock mount rack considering my system uses 17 tubes but I have never had a problem. My rack is well over 100 pounds (I know from flying and paying overweight charges). An anvil type or SKB shock rack would be too heavy for me to cart on a weekly basis.
          Screamin'

Comment

I prefer shockmount racks or case in case racks.
            screamindv-you are lucky-first rack I had was a non shock
            it was tipped over and damaged the power amp and preamp.
            aldog1330-I won a case in case (18 space) shockmount on the bay for $275.00 it was almost brand new.

Comment

<font color="yellow">I don't like SKB's personally....and I've always liked shock racks....just for the added protection "just in case" something stupid happens.

I bought my rack from a seller that sells a lot of rack stuff....and, from what I've seen in this one, it's very high quality, and it wasn't overly expensive (new).

I got a 12U shock rack, with the board and casters shipped to me here in NC for under $400...which I didn't think was too bad at all.

Here's a pic of the rack:
              </font>

Comment

Charveljunkie- you are right. The only thing that will save a rack with weight and tubes is a shockmount rack. This is why I am the only one who touches my rack( except the 2 times when I flew with my rack when I got lucky). A regular rack for transport in a truck if find to be fine as long as you do not abuse your equipment. A shockmount rack is wider and heavier and is difficult for 1 person to carry.

Comment

That was the problem I was inside and one of the guys grabs it started down the ramp lost it and the rear was Spinal Tap history [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X