Foot Controller for G-Major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot Controller for G-Major

I am curious as to what midi controllers will work with the g-major. i want a large pedal to assign everything to, and i need an expression pedal. thanks
    This space for rent

Re: Foot Controller for G-Major

From their website:
    Which MIDI footcontroller do you recommend for the G-Major ?

Question
    Which MIDI footcontroller do you recommend for the G-Major ?

Answer
    We can recommend the following footcontrollers :

1.) ART X-15
    2.) Digital Music Corporation
    3.) Rocktron All Access
    4.) Roland FC-200
    5.) Custom Audio Electronics RS-10
    6.) Lexicon MPX R-1
    7.) ADA MXC
    8.) TC G-Minor

I have an X-15, and it was easy to program. The Behringer FCB can be used, but requires extensive programming
    If you go with the behringer, check out this guys site or email him:

ATTENTION G-MAJOR AND BEHRINGER FCB-1010 USERS!!! If you are having trouble getting these units to work together, come and check out my website.

http://www.mjriley.com

Since I originally posted my review below, I've easily had 20-30 folks email me with questions. Instead of re-typing the answers for everyone, I thought I might post my suggestions on my website. This way, you don't have to wait for my email response. I will be updating it quite a bit over the next few weeks, so check back often.

Why am I doing this? I don't work for TC Electronics or Behringer. I'm just a semi-pro guitar player that wants to help his fellow musician enjoy this gear. I believe in passing along helpful information and positive vibes...and maybe TC Electronics or Behringer will send me an extra-large T-Shirt (Ha Ha!).

Comment

thanks for the post guys...I'm in the same sitch...G-Major...no controller.

yet
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No sweat ! I even got lucky and got one of the X-15's cheap. All it needed was one of those optical strips that the expression pedals read... ART sent me 3 of them for free! Great product support !

Comment

I'm using a BEHRINGER FCB-1010. It has 10 banks and two pedals. You can pick them up for about $70 used. They are pretty solid and have preformed well for me over the last year.

[ QUOTE ]
          ATTENTION G-MAJOR AND BEHRINGER FCB-1010 USERS!!! If you are having trouble getting these units to work together, come and check out my website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked at your website and I could not find anything regarding this. Where is it located at?

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Not my site - I just pulled that from his harmony central review (I found that when I was looking for pedals). You may need to e-mail him from that site. It looks like he changed the site, since the pedal programming used to be easy to find. Good luck!

Comment

I use the DMC Ground Control and I love it. It's very easy to use and built like a tank. YOu can really stomp the shit out of it (so far!)
              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I use a DMC Ground Control wuth mine, and I plug in an expression pedal when I want one. It works quite well.

If it just had wah...
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I've been using a RFX midi buddy for about 4 years. It's been seriously road tested with dirt, mud, beer, Jager, sweat. It has no gaspedal. They cost $85 new.

Comment

Working...
                  X