bbe sonic maximizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbe sonic maximizer?

i own a 5150 and ive heard these things apparently make it sound so much better. What are these things? i did a search on musicians friend and there were alot of similar products and i didnt know where to start, So naturally i turn to the experts on the jcf.

Can anybody help me out?
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Re: bbe sonic maximizer?

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=0#528927

And use the search function dude.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

BBE 422A... Very Cheap around 50 bucks and is the only one to buy for that amp... The later ones are way too sizzley.

Make sure you have the official matching Peavey 5150 cab for it as well. They are absolutely amazing in how well they work with that amp compared to any other cab. They somehow let you run a ton more resonance and gain and not fart out or mush/fuzz up like a marshall or whatever can with that amp at those settings. Must be tuned or something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        BBE 422A... Very Cheap around 50 bucks and is the only one to buy for that amp... The later ones are way too sizzley.

Make sure you have the official matching Peavey 5150 cab for it as well. They are absolutely amazing in how well they work with that amp compared to any other cab. They somehow let you run a ton more resonance and gain and not fart out or mush/fuzz up like a marshall or whatever can with that amp at those settings. Must be tuned or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, i am running it through a marshall cab...
        www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, don't use a 5150 with celestion.. Marshal cabs.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

I did that same thing ...so did Jonh

trust us, you NEED THE 5150 cab too w/ those shefelids in it..thry were designed to sound great together..

It'll tighten up your sound ALOT and you finaly crank your gaan from 5 to 5.5 while still flubbin' away with a Marshall cab , no mater whay you do to it...but not with their cabs tho...you can easily kick that gain to an easy to 6 to 6.5 ...big diffrenece and still tighter and focused and better all the way 'round.....and cheaper than a Marshal cab!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, VERY noticably diff between the OEM cab and anything else.

Comment

What about using it with the XXX?

Comment

I'm interested in using the 5150 cab with the XXX; how would that work out, do you guys think? Sorry to hijack!

Comment

I honestly can't comment, never played a 5150 through a XXX cab and don't really know anything about the speaker in those at all.

If they are basically the same cab, speakers etc, I'd guess it would be cool. I'd imagine the 5150 cabs are easier to get tho.

Comment

I could ONLY assume that a 5150 cab would work better than a Marshall or other celestion cab with a XXX or even the JSX models...because I belive they are all losed with sheifelieds now..

I was told long ago by a Peavey rep that the shefields were voices after the Celestion 75s...

but there is a big difference to my ears...could be the construction of the cab or somethin'...just tuned to it I guess..

but ther is two or three different kinds of Shefield 12's...I couldn't tell you the difference...I just had the 5150 cab and it SMOKED all the Marshall cabs i had when coupled with the 5150..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Bill~ I have a XXX Head and XXX 4x12 cab. Would this BBE Sonic maximizer benefit my sound? I am SO unfamiliar with these things. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Never had a XXX but MANY 5150's ....so all I could do is "assume" yes ..

it wouldn't hurt to try ..and if you could get your hands on a BBE 422 ...you certainly wouldn't be stuck with it....they are pretty popular and coveted right here on this board..

All I know is that the BBE 422 or 442a works better in a 5150 more than any other amp I ever paired it with ..

my Uber hates it..go figure

But it works well with my Marshall rack..

Comment

Thanks Bill.... Guess I'll get started hunting one down....

Comment

Ive got my BBE 362 running through a JCM 900, and I definatley like it! They are inexpensive, so give on a shot... if you dont like it you wont have any problems getting rid of it.
                            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I got a Totally MINT one off of Ebay for 50 bucks...and the dude lived five miles from me..I contacted the owner and bought it and it was in my rig that very day!!!

where is stayed ever since.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X