• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bbe sonic maximizer?

thats a beautiful story..no one ever hugs.. me...ungreatful bastards

Comment

Update and question: all figured out now. It was the cables, apparently. Any way, the 422a KILLS with the 5150 combo. HUGE difference. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]Now, the question is, if I have other time based affects such as a delay or phase or flanger, do I put them in the loop too, and if so, should they go before or after the 422a. And, of course, with all of those boxes, i'll need a noise suppressor - so with all of these in the loop, does it go in the loop too, or before the amp? I've used the search function, but haven't found the answer to these questions with respect to the BBE. Thanks!

Comment

I always place noise gates and suppressors before the delays this way they don't choke off the tails.
        Screamin'

Comment

I had my delay rack after the BBE..

Hit that in and out button..huge difference..but don't be too fooled by that..it' not a real true bypass...it still effecting the signal path..

take it out of the loop copletely with you you the way the amp sound without it..compared to just hiting the out botton..

But don't that bitch kick that amp in the ass or what...now don't go too nuts with the low..because it can get to wher it's just too damn low..and I keep the defintion at about 1:00 ..but dial it to where you like it..I got the low at about 2 o' clock-ish..I used a four 12 cab ...so tweak that till it's right for you...and your in biz...set and forget..

every so often I check and see if I can tweak it better..and I go right back to where it was..so now I just leave it alone. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

sorry for the thread revival...but how come only the 422 has this effect? I checked the BBE homepage they no longer produce it...only something called the 482i or whatever?! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            is it not the same unit anymore?

Comment

It is the newer upgrade but can tend to sound a bit more harsh. If you use the effect judiciously, it still works very well (I own both units). You should be able to easily find a used 422 for under $100...I've seen them as low as $40.

Comment

Owning both old and new still, the 422a is still nicer sounding for guitar than the later units IMO.

The later stuff sounds MUCH better for general PA and recording uses though... Interesting.

Comment

cool, thanks for clearing that up!
                  now, I'm off to the classifieds [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, I have been following all the hoopla and I figured I'd add something from my experience. I have a 5150. I DO NOT have the matching cabs. I have a 2x12 Peavey cab and 2 4x12 Marshall VS cabs and 2 4x12 Crate cabs. I have a BBe 422 and a Behringer Dualfez Pro like THIS ONE . I have A-B'd them on all cabs and the Behringer wins for tone and nice chunk, hands down.

Now, maybe with the right cabs the 422 would kill, but the Behringers are cheap enough to give it a try.

The 422 has only 2 controls on it. On the Behringer there is 4 plus a bass "tight" switch you can dip in and out.

There was no comparison between the 2 units. I will keep the 422 in my stash just in case I pickup the proper cabs.

I know John and Bill will not agree with me, but I just got done with the test and this is only my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X