My new rack-no Marshall's amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new rack-no Marshall's amps

Well I'm finally putting the rack back together.
    Well as you guys know I had a Bradshaw 3 head system-I decided
    to go to a Cae 3+SE Preamp and a VHT 2150 amp setup.
    So here it is all the Bradshaw stuff is gone but the preamp:

Nashville Case in case shockmaount Rack 18 space
    1.Furman PM-8 Power conditioner
    2.Furman RP-8D Power conditioner
    3.Korg DTR-1 Tuner
    4.Cae 3+SE Preamp
    5.Line 6 Mod Pro
    6.Line 6 Echo Pro
    7.DMC-GCX Audio switcher
    8.Black Cat Univibe
    9.Swamp Thang Custom Univibe
    10.Boss AC-2 Acoustic Simulator
    11.VHT 2150 Powe amp
    12.DMC Ground Control Pro Pedalboard
    I love the clean sound of the cae-excellent-the crunch is very good with alot of gain-and the lead chanel is a gain monster-One thing I have found out about the preamp is you must spend sometime dialing it in.The Vht is a great amp because of the presence,depth controls-which really adds alot of bottom end-the preamp and amp has more treble than I need.All in all its a monster sounding setup I can't wait to get it out live-Then I will know if its me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    BTW:I did save my 1980 jmp-it has been modded and love it to death:

Re: My new rack-no Marshall\'s amps

Shit!

I would love to have a 2150 for the reason you mentioned, it can fatten up your sound considerably.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

GodOfRhythm-I was amazed with this amp is by far the best one I have used for guitar.Also with the voicing switches in the back gives me more options as well.

Comment

Nice Rack. I bet it weighs a ton. But I bet the sound makes it worth it. I may have to re-evaluate mine.
        Screamin'

Comment

Yep, that amp setup sure sounds good... And sure is heavy...

Comment

screamindv-yes its heavy but my triple head road case with 3 marshalls was heavy as well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Cleveland Metal-how do you like the parametric eq with your setup??

Comment

Tony quit showing that picture...it makes me think of getting a rack setup and to me I'd rather have my teeth drilled than have a rack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously, that is a killer 1-2 punch with the CAE and 2150. I bet its a little easier on the back that the 3 Marshalls in that one rack/road case you had before.

Very cool set up..you too John....
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hey Charveljunkie, now just send that Marshall off to Cameron and your set. LOL. Thats a real nice setup. Maybe next time im out your way (next year) We can hookup and I can check it out. Ill get my friend to bring his heads over.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Cleveland Metal-how do you like the parametric eq with your setup??

[/ QUOTE ]

For my heavier brand of music, the Parametric is a DEFINITE must have for sure. I recommend anyone try it. As many tone controls and post EQ that the CAE has, they just aren't suited for dialing in the freqs I need to manipulate.

I have a TC Electronics 1140 and although it is well built, quiet and quite awesome, I seem to gravitate to this noisy cheessily made Furman. Ill try the TC again soon when i have ear patience. But the Furman does something cool just being between the preamp and amp. Even turned off, it gives it an interesting life to the the tone that the TC doesn't seem to do. Prolly pleasingly buffers it somehow with its cheap op amps, haha. Noisy as hell though...

I don't use the graphic that was in the rack as an experiment at the time of the pic. The rack has changed a bit recently. Time for a fresh pic.

I really wanna ditch the Intellifex badly to get a G-Major too.

I use EMG81s and the EMG PA-2 Preamp, without that, the CAE is not heavy enough in the crunch department and I would have probably ditched it.

I'm using JJ tubes in the CAE curently but looking to go back to a mix max set of misc NOS tubes.

Comment

Working...
                  X