OK who has an Engl Powerball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK who has an Engl Powerball

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      oh yeah has anyone replaced the pre/power tubes in the PB

[/ QUOTE ]

blasphemy. it doesn't need that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]well you never know about tubes rather know ahead of time incase I feel I need to change them out.What tube brand do Engl use I had thought I had read somewhere that the tubes were chinesesasis made?How loud does this thing get I had a bad experience with a Krank Revolution I thought it kinda sucked if you tried pushing it even just a little it broke up and sounded like karkey.
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

well the PB has arrived going to get jiggy with it this evening.I'll let you guys know what I think.thanks for the info---Mark

Comment

I started a ENGL thread [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I use a Z-5 switch. It's the most logical choice since it can switch between the 4 channels, low mid boost, and volume controls. Also, notice that the fuse compartment is next to the rear AC outlet. To open it, use a pick or a coin. Inside, there is a spare fuse in addition to the one currently in use.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I use a Z-5 switch. It's the most logical choice since it can switch between the 4 channels, low mid boost, and volume controls. Also, notice that the fuse compartment is next to the rear AC outlet. To open it, use a pick or a coin. Inside, there is a spare fuse in addition to the one currently in use.

[/ QUOTE ]I may get the pedal at a later date for now I will be using a Marshall p802

Comment

The built in noisegate just doesn't work for me.

I use channel 3 with a lot of gain & without an external noisegate (I use a boss pedal) the noise & squeal is unbearable.

Comment

I had a Diezel Herbert and loved it, but for me it was more money than I cared to have tied up in an amp.

I really want a VERY tight bottom end, think Dimebag, but I also want a really raw sound, I hate slipknot's music like you wouldn't believe, but I love the guitar tone on the new record. I am also a fan of Erik Rutan's tone on the new HE record, and am looking for something that will just kill live. I have a few amps that I'll use to record with, but I want something that will slaughter for death metal, I like having more mids, the beauty of the herbert was it's "mid cut" button, it didn't remove any mids, it just compressed them and made the amp have a HUGE tight sound but with still a loose and tight attack if that makes any sence, the amp just was missing a bit more gain. I love the sound of my Randall X2 for the stuff I play, I know that is sacrelig, but it just sounds devastating! But anyhow, can anyone post some clips of the powerball, this might be what I'm after, as the Uberschall is okay, not really everything I'm looking for though.

Chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I had a Diezel Herbert and loved it, but for me it was more money than I cared to have tied up in an amp.

I really want a VERY tight bottom end, think Dimebag, but I also want a really raw sound, I hate slipknot's music like you wouldn't believe, but I love the guitar tone on the new record. I am also a fan of Erik Rutan's tone on the new HE record, and am looking for something that will just kill live. I have a few amps that I'll use to record with, but I want something that will slaughter for death metal, I like having more mids, the beauty of the herbert was it's "mid cut" button, it didn't remove any mids, it just compressed them and made the amp have a HUGE tight sound but with still a loose and tight attack if that makes any sence, the amp just was missing a bit more gain. I love the sound of my Randall X2 for the stuff I play, I know that is sacrelig, but it just sounds devastating! But anyhow, can anyone post some clips of the powerball, this might be what I'm after, as the Uberschall is okay, not really everything I'm looking for though.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]for clips of engl,framus,and splawn www.rocksolidamps.com.I used mine last night for the first time sounds killer and I still don't know what I'm doing with it yet.I only adjusted the sound for about 2 minutes and got it sounding great

Comment

Working...
                    X