Mesa Boogie 2:100 Rectifier Power Amp
      TC Electronics G-Major
      Genz-Benz Gflex 2x12

Comment

Re: ENGL users

Looking good so far! keep em comming!

Comment

aldog1330, nice rig, now i need a back up rig incase you know anything goes wrong with mine. Have you ever played a PB? if you have how does your E530 compair to it? how does the E530 sound?, like EXTREME gain or no?

And my Powerball has LED's there just not red i want either red or blue or green ones.

Comment

justice,

Thanks. I haven't played a Powerball myself, nor have I heard one live. However, I use the e530 mainly for thrash/melo death stuff, and it seems to handle it quite well. When playing with my band, usually the gain is on 5.5 or 6 on the lead channel, and that is more than enough. I guess it depends on what sort of a sound you are looking for. Having both a high and low mid control on the lead channel helps too since it makes dialing in your sound even easier. What poweramp you pair with it plays a huge role as well.

Comment

It's back in the corner there.
              Chris
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

does that e530 preamp..come anywhere near...like Darkane? if it does.. im fucking getting one right away...cause if you can get that sound..for as well priced as they are..then there a god send...LONG LIVE DARKANE!!
                !

Comment

For E530, watch Primal Fear's live DVD.

Also, srommes, any clips of your setup?

Comment

PoisonGodmachine, I think it can. It is a very bright sounding preamp, but there is enough room on the controls to tame it down a bit if you like darker sounds (like myself). It does have enough gain on tap though, thats for sure. Its not overkill like a PB, but more along the lines of a Savage I'd guess. I've heard that they were based off the preamp of either the Blackmore or the Savage, but I'm not sure about the truth of those rumors.

Comment

thanks dude, i am looking into it, i would either pair it with one of these three:
                      Mesa simul class 2:90 power amp
                      ENGL E 840/50
                      VHT 50/50 i think it is.

Comment

can one of you guys please post a sound clip of one of your e 530s i think it would be greatly appriciated by more then just me. theres no where to find a good clip of it.... except for that primal fear dvd...but..meh..im not gonna buy a dvd. just for the tone...i dont even really like primal fear

Comment

I've got a PB and right now I am using a Bogner 2X12 3/4 back and it sounds huge.
                          I was feeding it through a Mesa Recto 2X12 and it sounded great, but that bottom end needs to be controlled!!!what a beast the PB is.
                          With the Bogner I can switch to the clean channel and get a little air and still punch through on the lead channel if needed.
                          ENGLs rule.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

So I got pics up from our last gig where you can see the Fireball in the background.
                            Cab is not mine (the Hughes and Kettner), I normally use an ENGL standard cab.
                            Pics from gig
                            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Here's my Powerball

www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

hey dude..where did you buy your case for it..at?

Comment

Working...
                                X