Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tremoverb and Engl Fireball...a good match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremoverb and Engl Fireball...a good match?

In my never ending quest for tone that is better...

We're goign to be picking up an Engl Fireball ASAP.

We need another amp as well...I came across some Tremoverbs that seem to be priced about right.

we're looking for a very full, articulate and brutal tone. Strapping Young Lad, and Decapitated would be close to what we want to achieve.

We also want a very full sounding Lead tone..and we don't want to use alot of effects to achieve that as well. I hate the thin shitty lead tone that we're gettign with our 5150's and EMG loaded Jacksons...it sounds bad IMHO (check out our live recordings in teh mp3 section) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

your thoughts? and thanks for the input.

Re: Tremoverb and Engl Fireball...a good match?

Should be in the Amps and effects section shouldn't it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    I think the tremoverb and fireball are a very good match personally
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

ah fuck.

beloved admins...can you please move this to the proper section? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Can't speak for the Fireball, but I truly believe that the Trem-O-Verb is one of the most versatile amps around. You can get pretty damn brutal with it if you want to. I still can't figure out why Mesa Boogie doesn't make them anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Comment

yeah me niether....

It's a beautiful amp. And I've yet to hear anything negative about it, except fromt hose who dislike the rectifier in general...and even they usually admit the Tremoverb is not bad.

Comment

Many of the more brutal sounding bands around here use Dual Rectifiers. The Tremoverb is a Dual Rectifier.
            I think it would be a good match with a Fireball although IMHO another Dual Rectifier would be even better.

Comment

I think your problem lies within the EMG pickups....

Comment

The tremoverb is a dual, however it is not has dark and brutal as a normal dual rec. That being said it can still get brutal and has that rec tone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think your problem lies within the EMG pickups....

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it very well could. I have a pair of seymour duncans just waiting to get isntalled into a guitar....but I think theyr'e gonna go in my washburn. ANd if's sound dramatically improves...I might purchase anothe rset and replace the EMGs.

but I still need a new amp. Since...I don't own either of the 5150's...and one of them just got sold anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X